Ford GT Below Sticker

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are the others? just curious if i can find the right price and color combo i just might buy one. or wait a little longer(a few months) and they should be available at a discount off sticker.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Some dealers are listing cars they don't have in stock. They sometimes have an arrangement with a broker, who promises to sell a coming car to the dealer for a set price. The dealer sees who he can get on the hook, and pockets the difference.

Dealer invoice is what, $118,000? But thats not even what they pay, given holdbacks, volume discounts, and incentives from Ford. I heard one slip by a dealer, who said the wholesale (not invoice) price for a GT was $100,000. For a cost of a hundred grand, a dealer can still make money selling at sticker, or even below sticker.

Shhhh-Don't tell anybody!

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I just don't see what's in that car that makes it twice the price of a Viper. At about $120,000, which was the original targeted price for this car, maybe, but not $160,000+. The performance isn't phenomenally better, looks are about equal to a GTS, and Fords aren't any more prestigious than a Dodge. Not to forget that Vipers don't have any half-price kit car versions as well.

Having said this, I wouldn't mind having a red with white stripes GT to go along with my snake. :headbang:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they have a misleading ad they are selling the cars for around $200k i called today.

yea...i think i'd rather have a saleen S7 rather than a GT40...although, I wouldn't mind the GT40 either :laugh:

used2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geez, who would even want one of those *** fords? i mean, they look cool, are quite retro, but every time you crawl behind the wheel you still gotta look at that idiotic "blue oval" logo on the steering wheel hub(airbag cover). if you have that much cash burning a hole in your pocket, why don't you shop for a SuperBird?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geez, who would even want one of those *** fords? i mean, they look cool, are quite retro, but every time you crawl behind the wheel you still gotta look at that idiotic "blue oval" logo on the steering wheel hub(airbag cover). if you have that much cash burning a hole in your pocket, why don't you shop for a SuperBird?

Uh.... Yeah... this from someone who owns a Geo Metro Convertible........what's more *** than a Geo Metro?

That's right... nothing.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when Vipers first came out, and dealers werent accepting offers less than $100,000. It took some time, but the market settled, and the prices came down.

With all the problems the GT40 has had, and given a bit more time, it wont be long before the prices on these cars settle way down too.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< they have a misleading ad they are selling the cars for around $200k i called today. >>

How did they explain this $50,000/$60,000 difference? Let me guess, you werent calling on "Inflatable Gorilla Day"?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw 2 brand new saleen S7's at symbolic motorcars in la jolla, california this month. bot are twin turbo's making 750 hp. the salesman said saleen has built 20 twin turbo's so far. apparently they no longer make the N/A version according to saleens website. the cars msrp was $575,000. for this price you can buy 3 ford gt's. parked next to these saleens were 3 lambos. a murcielago, gallardo and diablo. let me tell you those lambos were nice but the saleen was way more trick. its a imsa gt car for the street. :usa:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the ad(link posted above in thread) is an autotrader listing, no explanation as to why the real price is higher than their autotrader ad.

MatchboxMadeMyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah try finding a superbird that isn't completely reassembled with Bondo and Mopar restoration parts, let alone the original paint color for UNDER 500,000

MatchboxMadeMyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah try finding a superbird that isn't completely reassembled with Bondo and Mopar restoration parts, let alone the original paint color for UNDER 500,000

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check out www.fordgtprices.com for the real scoop on these prices.

I ordered a 2005 GT over 2 years ago, and have a buyers order stating MSRP plus $15k. Two months ago the dealer called and said: Good news = it is time to order car, Bad News = Car will be a 2006.

I said, no problem on being a 2006. He also said they could not honor that price, and it would be $265K!. So despite having $15k deposit for years, as they could not get a 2005 they do not need to honor the deal.

What snakes. It looks like I can get one for 15k over anyways.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
farrbar, did they REALLY have zero GT's delivered to them? Or did they pull a fast one and just tell you they got no 2005's? Someone at the dealership probably wised up and sold 'your' GT to someone else for mega bucks and kept it quiet. A large Viper dealership was going to do the same thing to me on the 2003 SRT-10 when they were hot. Thankfully I got my $5K non-refundable deposit back. I guess they weren't such bad guys after all.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I just don't see what's in that car that makes it twice the price of a Viper. At about $120,000, which was the original targeted price for this car, maybe, but not $160,000+. The performance isn't phenomenally better, looks are about equal to a GTS, and Fords aren't any more prestigious than a Dodge. Not to forget that Vipers don't have any half-price kit car versions as well.

Having said this, I wouldn't mind having a red with white stripes GT to go along with my snake. :headbang:

Honestly I think it's worth it and I'm NOT a Ford man. You get exclusivity, not as common as a Corvette, Viper, etc. For Less than $500 a pulley upgrade will net 600hp+, get a somewhat exotic DOHC blown V8, aluminum chassis, etc

Do you think the SRT-10 Coupe is "worth" more than the C6 Z06 when you don't a $20,000 difference in performance?? I understand and AGREE that the Viper commands/deservesa premium just as the Ford GT does. Looks are subjective, and a Dodge isn't any more prestigious than a Chevy, though the Dodge commands a higher price.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ordered a 2005 GT over 2 years ago, and have a buyers order stating MSRP plus $15k. Two months ago the dealer called and said: Good news = it is time to order car, Bad News = Car will be a 2006.

I said, no problem on being a 2006. He also said they could not honor that price, and it would be $265K!. So despite having $15k deposit for years, as they could not get a 2005 they do not need to honor the deal.

If you have it on paper, sue. They will likely loose. On the other hand you are probably right in that you can get one at that price or below anyway.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey

If you have it on paper, sue. They will likely loose. On the other hand you are probably right in that you can get one at that price or below anyway.

Yeap, sue.
If they are able to order a 2006 now, they took delivery of some 2005's before now.
This happened to a friend of mine when the ZR-1 first came out. They agreed that he would take their first one. They sold it to someone else.
The dealer paid for his ZR-1 and gave him some extra cash, after a court judgement.
Anytime you can get the dealer to pay for your car, go for it.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been checking around also and note that the Autotrader prices are designed to "drawn-in" the prospective buyer. I have not found one for less than 165 thous when actually calling the seller.

For 200thousand the Ferrari F-430 is taking the buyers. Everything will depend on how many they(GTs) make! Around 4,000? if so by 06 should be able to pick one up at MSRP. I do not expect they will go lower than that. Our Vipers would have held their value if production was highly limited. If 06 is the last production year we should get a better idea next January. In my travels overseas note that many Europeans will be prospective customers.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Less than $500 a pulley upgrade will net 600hp+, get a somewhat exotic DOHC blown V8, aluminum chassis, etc

$500 pulley upgrade? Isn't that the same thing the V8 Mustang guys always brag about? And that's more exotic than the V10 in the Viper? You also seem to forget that the engine in the GT has to be blown to make only 50 more HP and 25 lb./ft torque LESS than what the naturally aspirated V10 in the Viper produces.

Do you think the SRT-10 Coupe is "worth" more than the C6 Z06 when you don't a $20,000 difference in performance?? I understand and AGREE that the Viper commands/deservesa premium just as the Ford GT does. Looks are subjective, and a Dodge isn't any more prestigious than a Chevy, though the Dodge commands a higher price.

Yes, the Viper commands a $20,000 premium over a ZO6. Not an $80,000 premium that the GT commands over a Viper. Do you see an $80,000 performance improvement in the GT over the Viper? Do you see an $100,000 performance improvement in the GT over the ZO6? I don't think so.

It's a really nice car, and people are seemingly willing to buy it at these inflated prices, but I won't. If I’m buying a car that starts to financially tread into Ferrari territory; I'm buying a Ferrari, not a Ford.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been checking around also and note that the Autotrader prices are designed to "drawn-in" the prospective buyer. I have not found one for less than 165 thous when actually calling the seller.

For 200thousand the Ferrari F-430 is taking the buyers. Everything will depend on how many they(GTs) make! Around 4,000? if so by 06 should be able to pick one up at MSRP. I do not expect they will go lower than that. Our Vipers would have held their value if production was highly limited. If 06 is the last production year we should get a better idea next January. In my travels overseas note that many Europeans will be prospective customers.

the ford GTs last year is going to be 2007. all i know is that they make 1500 GTs a year ( so thats 4500 total). there will be a new color in 2006 ( instead of gray with black stripes it will have gray with white).hope this helps :2tu:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe they are making 1,500 05's and approximately 1,800 06's. It may only be a 2 year total of less than 3,500. Sweet car, but still not sure of paying more than sticker. Could keep my 02 FE viper and get a new 06 cz606 for less than 1 Ford GT....???

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Ed: The cz606 will never give you the braggings rights the GT40 will; If they make a run of two years(promises?) then that is the admission ticket into a small exclusive club. I agree prices will have to be at MSRP or lower. I am in line if the prices drop exponentially.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they are making 1,500 05's and approximately 1,800 06's. It may only be a 2 year total of less than 3,500. Sweet car, but still not sure of paying more than sticker. Could keep my 02 FE viper and get a new 06 cz606 for less than 1 Ford GT....???

Im pretty sure that it will have a 3 year run (05-07) but i could be wrong :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21