Ford GT vs Dodge Viper - BOTSC's!

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was hilarious and very entertaining! A concrete comparison between two cars? Not at all, not since the time we learned they were modded. Entertaining eye-candy? hell yes!

Same here, once I saw they were modded cars I lost a lot of interest. I still watched, but any real world application was gone.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I saw it was Tracy was very very luckey that he had the skills to bring this out of control beast to a stop without a total of the Viper. If the Viper would have suffered a massive damage due to the brakes I believe the tuners would be in a deep pile!!! Viper was not properly prepared and could have cost some one their lives at those speeds!!! I think we were talking speeds of over 130 MPH......................... that would have been the last Supercar Challenge for ever!!! JMHO

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the show too. Wasted time.

First of all, two modified cars, one of which was not sorted out prior to the show.

Redos on some tests but not on others.

Worst of all is the smack talk BS that seemed to be encouraged by the emcee. There's little doubt that these guys are talented drivers bit the smack made them like whining kids.

What a waste of airtime.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the total failure of the brakes on the 0-100-0 run I'm surprised that a professional like Paul Tracy would even risk going back out in the Viper:omg: They must be paying him pretty well to risk his life for the sake of a TV show:smirk:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent point and I'm surprised they produced the show with the footage they canned that day considering how lop-sided every challenge was due to a simple but significant performance/safety issue with one of the Hennessey cars. They should have demanded the car be fixed and that his crew be present during the re-shoot so to produce not only a more fair, entertaining matchup but a SAFE one to boot!

Disappointed in both Hennessey and Michelin for this very poor showing!

Jim

I was expecting stock competition too. This proves nothing at all. If the Viper was going to get beat then so be it. I would still rather watch it get beat fairly and no excuses. This show could have been a good one ,but now i doubt i will be interested. The FGT is one bad ass car but it was an unfair matchup imo. How can they allow one car to do-over,but when it was a Viper,they didn't do it over. This shows nothing. Who are they trying to impress anyway?:dunno:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine if you had just paid Hennessey the big bucks to TT your Viper and then the first time you take it out - you hit the brakes and slide right into traffic in front of you?

How could you even prove that it was an ABS issue due to tuning?
How could you prove it wasn't driver error?

Not only would you have smashed your Viper making it next to worthless, you would have increased insurance rates for the rest of your life, you would get charged and fined - and what if you killed some kid sitting in the back of a minivan ?

This is soooooooooooooo NOT cool.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had the Sneaky Pete emblem on the electronic gauge prior to the standing 1/2 mile. Funny...

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I saw it was Tracy was very very luckey that he had the skills to bring this out of control beast to a stop without a total of the Viper.

Just watched it again on DVR with Tara since she didnt get to see it last night. You're right (especially on that road course where he was trying to bring it down from 150'ish in the straights and had them lock-up going into a corner and had to exit) - had that not been a Pro, and was a "normal" driver on the street (maybe coming onto an off-ramp from the freeway) it could've been a nightmare for all involved!

Jim

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A total waste of 30 minutes. Must be a low budget show. How about fixing the Viper and re--shooting? It was like watching a train (Viper) wreck. Embarassing night for Speedvision.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should write in or e-mail them and tell them to pit a stock 2010 ACR against any other stock 2010 car in it's price range.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just when I thought the Viper nation was finally making progress on dispelling the myth that Viper's "can't handle corners"

Now we have this show, and a whole other generation of armchair critics saying "Viper's can't handle corners - 'cause I saw one spin off the track on BOTSC"
:lmao:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just when I thought the Viper nation was finally making progress on dispelling the myth that Viper's "can't handle corners"

Now we have this show, and a whole other generation of armchair critics saying "Viper's can't handle corners - 'cause I saw one spin off the track on BOTSC"
:lmao:

I had a guy make that sort of comment just last night while checking out my car... What was with the flaming exhaust ?:rolleyes:

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't let Hennessey build/ tune my lawn mower! I have never read so many negative comments regarding a vehicle builder in my entire life. Why Underground wasn't called to supply a proper built Viper is beyond me.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys do realize that ALL of these cars on this show are not tuner shop owned. They are customer cars, and the owners of these cars allowed them to be run. They did a casting call at the last TX Mile event for two owners to throw the keys at Paul and Tanner. Quite a few guys had interest in doing so. They don't call the shops, the owners simply offer up what they have.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that green coupe looked pretty insane..even next to the black GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery