Forged or not not Forged?

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, did we ever figure out?? If dodge did go back to forged then I have 0 worries about the blue devil because DC could just throw on a supercharger and the blue devil wouldn't have a chance. Even if the pistons arn't forge we don't know how well the new engine will take to being superchargered(im optimistic though :2tu: ) and if we got into a super charging battle with the corvette there would be many other factors to consider (like heat soaking)..

But does anyone know if they are forged or not?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DCX can add all the horsepower in the world and it will not make a difference on the She-Devil. Look at a 1000 Venom, plenty of power there but in the useale numbers under 200 mph, not that much faster than stock.

Weight and grip are the keys my friend. THAT is what is going to save the Viper face if anyone is into the numbers game.

CF the body and pieces and the numbers are there to scare 95% of all exotics let alone the She-Devil.

Rick

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In one magazine, i think Road and Track, it said that the pistons and Rods are fromt he 6.1 liter hemi. I think the rods are forged but not the pistons.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Can't imagine forged pistons....

EPA and DOT emissions standards are a real battle with forged (as from what I understand they expand and contract more than the cast)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang