Found a project 97 viper A.R.T. for sale, tell me what you think....

estelius

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50k miles on it.
You must be registered for see images

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed up it's a 35K car. Can you put it back together and paint it for 15K?

Part it out.

Buy a non wrecked GTS for $38K to $42K and be WAY ahead.

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed up it's a 35K car. Can you put it back together and paint it for 15K?

Part it out.

Buy a non wrecked GTS for $38K to $42K and be WAY ahead.

Coming from his title of the thread, i would say funds dont matter, buying a nice untouched car doesnt make much for a project in the way of fixin one up

PHATASP97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys, that was my car. Anyone need any info on it? Its wsa babied before the accident and is one bad ride with around 900HP at the motor. Just ask if there is anything you would like to know. PHATASP97

Viperviking

Viper Owner
Reaction score
20K might be a little steep, you probably end up wayyy over your head before you are finished with this project..but it looks like you are getting a sweet engine on the deal

OP
OP
E

estelius

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Info Will Be Highly Apreciate It Bro, I Need To Know As Much As I Can Since I Will Probably Buy It.

PHATASP97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has $40k in mods in the engine and rear end alone and was only driven once a month and never in the rain. ART has a list of all mods and they are in Buda Texas. The car has 355 gears and from what I can tell the engine compartment was fine its just the frame horn in the front that was bent.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Estelius,

Keep us posted on acquiring your project and feel free to post about parts...there are lots of us who have acquired spares.

Regards,
Aaron

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look it over carefully. see if the doors close, look at all the gaps. look for any frame damage. you may be getting a good deal now, but viper parts and repairs arent cheap. be prepared for the worse.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Big said, frame damage is a big one, however that hood is $18600.00 MSRP from the dealer plus a repaint, if it's not cracked, split or damaged you're in better shape. The front fascia's aren't cheap, but there are few out there with good used ones (if you choose to use used parts).

Regards,
Aaron

PHATASP97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the doors are fine and close perfectly but the hood is bent so that will need to be replaced.
[/URL][/IMG]

PHATASP97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a picture of how the car looked before the accident and as you can see it was quite nice. Good luck man!

PHATASP97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had drag radials on and hit a damp patch on the road and just slid off to the side at around 45-50 mph and hit a culvert/ditch head on. No other vehicles invloved and no injuries. I do have a pair of Michelin Pilot sports for sale 335/30/18 with 80% tread life on them for $575 total price so let me know if anyone is interested. They were not on the car at the time of the accident are posted in the classifieds with photos. thanks

Viperviking

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a red hood and front facia for the car if you are going to buy it..let me know if interested.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already sent someone to look at this. Frame is kinked in the front airbags are blown, the impact even blew out the rear window. That being said this will do well over $25K with the supercharged motor. Last week a 96 B/w with 20K miles did close to $30K.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of repairing a salvaged '01 RT/10 with similar damage. ViperLarry was a great help, as was Sharf's Auto. A decent used hood will set you back about 6500, the fascia another 1200. Rad, condenser, oil cooler, front reinforcement bar, etc are all I needed to put into mine. I used a lightly damaged hood and just repaired it myself. I'll be into the car for about 30K after a full repaint.

If I'd have found this one before mine, I'd be all over it. Go for it!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is right up my alley. Mine was worse. The real question should be what your intentions are. If you really picky and want the car to appear undamaged, get ready to spend $$. The obvious parts needed are not the ones that add up, it is the hidden things that add up.

If you are doing a casual weekend warrior, it will not be too bad.
Mine was worse, but ended costing more than if I had bought a low miles stocker. Of course, the fun was in the (re)build!!!

V

Venomiss

Estelius,
Are you a dealer? From reading this I thought you were just interested in Vipers for resale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery