Free K&N intake

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a K&N intake snorkel I’ll give away for free to anyone who wants it as long as they pay for shipping. This is just the snorkel and not the filters. I’ve finally had it with this piece of $hit.

I bought it used for a very low price. The previous owner forgot to mention that the rubber piece holding the air temp sensor was missing. That wasn’t a big deal and I was able to fabricate a replacement with a rubber patch and wire-ties.

Anyone who’s familiar with the K&N piece is probably also aware of the difficulty putting on the right side breather hose. The fitting on the K&N is VERY close to the clamshell which makes installing the hose VERY difficult.

There’s also the issue with all K&Ns not being “sealed” in the clamshell. I’ve been using foam tape to mitigate this issue.

Well, today I put the car back together after having the strut brace out for painting. Upon starting the car, the Check Engine light comes on. Two weeks ago I installed a DC re-flashed ECU. The car ran fine on the new ECU for an entire week, but today after putting the car back together, I suspected the new ECU might be the reason for the Check Engine light. Prior to re-installing my stock ECU and just for the hell of it, I put back the stock intake snorkel along with my green filters and my smooth tube. Guess what? The Check Engine light goes away.

Bottom line – I’ve had it with the piece of $hit K&N. My only regret is that it’s made out of molded plastic. Otherwise, I’d smash it into a million pieces and throw it in the river. If any of you guys want to try it out, it’s yours for free.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gonna be hard to give it away, I was going to get the K&n kit as well, but other members mentioned the problems you experienced as well, and I ended up going just with the replacements S&B's from Roe. Send it back to K&N and tell them what a piece of $hit it is

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its gonna be hard to give it away,

If so, then no big deal. It won't cost me a nickel to throw it in the landfill. 1000 years from now, someone will probably dig it up and say "I can't believe people actually bought this piece of $hit".

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If so, then no big deal. It won't cost me a nickel to throw it in the landfill. 1000 years from now, someone will probably dig it up and say "I can't believe people actually bought this piece of $hit".

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a K&N intake snorkel I’ll give away for free to anyone who wants it as long as they pay for shipping. This is just the snorkel and not the filters. I’ve finally had it with this piece of $hit.

I bought it used for a very low price. The previous owner forgot to mention that the rubber piece holding the air temp sensor was missing. That wasn’t a big deal and I was able to fabricate a replacement with a rubber patch and wire-ties.

Anyone who’s familiar with the K&N piece is probably also aware of the difficulty putting on the right side breather hose. The fitting on the K&N is VERY close to the clamshell which makes installing the hose VERY difficult.

There’s also the issue with all K&Ns not being “sealed” in the clamshell. I’ve been using foam tape to mitigate this issue.

Well, today I put the car back together after having the strut brace out for painting. Upon starting the car, the Check Engine light comes on. Two weeks ago I installed a DC re-flashed ECU. The car ran fine on the new ECU for an entire week, but today after putting the car back together, I suspected the new ECU might be the reason for the Check Engine light. Prior to re-installing my stock ECU and just for the hell of it, I put back the stock intake snorkel along with my green filters and my smooth tube. Guess what? The Check Engine light goes away.

Bottom line – I’ve had it with the piece of $hit K&N. My only regret is that it’s made out of molded plastic. Otherwise, I’d smash it into a million pieces and throw it in the river. If any of you guys want to try it out, it’s yours for free.
Don't quit your day job to be a salesman... especially for K&N. ;)

I bet no one signs up for the freebie. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Gen 3 guys are cheap. Only the snorkel? Why not the filters too? Over on the Gen 1/2 board, someone was giving away an entire windbaffle. Excuse me, Viper baffle. Some **** over there gave him a really hard time about it, but it became a pretty funny thread atleast. Oh wait, I was that ****. Nevermind. Molded plastic doesnt break easily, but I bet it melts in a bonfire :)

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You Gen 3 guys are cheap. Only the snorkel? Why not the filters too?

Hey – K&N makes good filters so I’m keeping them. They also make lots of other good stuff. They just totally missed the boat on SRT-10 Vipers. A 2 year-old would be able to see the issues with their SRT-10 piece (of $hit).

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I have a K&N intake snorkel I’ll give away for free to anyone who wants it as long as they pay for shipping. I’ve finally had it with this piece of $hit. >>

this is the most unusual sales pitch i have ever heard! LOL

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the K & N before the Paxton and was reasonably satisfied. I went through the port size issue, but once that was corrected it was fine. Not sure on power increase but would have expected it to be fairly low (5 +).

If you had a MIL I would almost bet it had to do with the inlet temp sensor. Very installation sensitive! Not much else could cause the MIL.