FREE track time at Mid OH

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you taking your Viper this time?

Yea that's the plan if I don't have a "new" bike by then.
Really it's not my favorite road, (Even though I am part of the Midnight Gap Club), That will put hair on your chest. We have a group meet for a Motorcycle I use to own every year down there. So I go down there for the friends, not to see if I can jet my bike off a cliff. There are plenty of other greats roads in that area I spend more of my time on. I'm not looking forward to have to go though the gap in the rain with the viper, because I know it's going to happen.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea that's the plan if I don't have a "new" bike by then.
Really it's not my favorite road, (Even though I am part of the Midnight Gap Club), That will put hair on your chest. We have a group meet for a Motorcycle I use to own every year down there. So I go down there for the friends, not to see if I can jet my bike off a cliff. There are plenty of other greats roads in that area I spend more of my time on. I'm not looking forward to have to go though the gap in the rain with the viper, because I know it's going to happen.

Nice, well let me know if you do come down. I'm sure we can find a group of Vipers to join you. :headbang:

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice, well let me know if you do come down. I'm sure we can find a group of Vipers to join you. :headbang:

Yea I was thinking about throwing a post up in the general section to see if there was anyone in the area. Since I probably won't be taking the a bike this year won't be doing much "riding" with the other guys and was going to find something else to do on my own till evening. We normally rent the 411 1/8 Mile track for the afternoon, but not sure if there doing that this year. I just hope it doesn't rain much, I have zero seat time in the Viper in the rain.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh way kewl hey jeff we might have 5 vipers there!!!!

sent you an email too.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am signed up! :drive:So make that 5 Vipers I believe! Looking forward to it! Now to move this snow out of the way so I can thow some new pads on her!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh boy, those porsche guys better watch out, there's a LOTTA cylinders that are pretty hungry haha

Trailertrash

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leslie, Living in Indiana I have always wanted to drive Mid Ohio. I just purchased a new set of hoosier A6's and would love the oportunity to run Mid Ohio. What is required to run there? My car is a daily driver that I auto cross one weekend a month. My wife just got me an SCCA membership card she says I'm a drving fanatic.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when are you all arriving? Friday night or Saturday morning? Can we get a tech inspection friday eve if we do come the night before? I havn't booked at the hotel yet (where is everyone staying)? Im very excited!

Do they provide or rent transponders? :dunno:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, Living in Indiana I have always wanted to drive Mid Ohio. I just purchased a new set of hoosier A6's and would love the oportunity to run Mid Ohio. What is required to run there? My car is a daily driver that I auto cross one weekend a month. My wife just got me an SCCA membership card she says I'm a drving fanatic.

Here's a link to a schedule, let me know if there is one you want to run and I will send you the info to register.
http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-racing/633193-midwest-hpde-schedule.html

I know where it is. Have been to events there. Not driven by me. When everyone else drops out give me a call. GTS Bruce

I will for sure:headbang:

So when are you all arriving? Friday night or Saturday morning? Can we get a tech inspection friday eve if we do come the night before? I havn't booked at the hotel yet (where is everyone staying)? Im very excited!

I am gonna run Fri also, so I am going on Th...I think the other guys are running Sat/Sun like you are. Try to get there Fri night BEFORE dark, they will be doing tech and registration at

Comfort Inn
855 Comfort Plaza Drive
Bellville, OH 44813
(419) 886-4000

or

Quality Inn
1000 Comfort Plaza Drive
Bellville, OH 44813
(419) 886-7000

Ask for PCA rate. Hotels are across the street from each other. They will have pizza/beer also, right before the weekend they will announce which hotel to go to for tech Fri. night. If somehow you miss it, they will have it again Sat. at 7 am at the track. There will be a line so you will want to be there right at 7 am:). The 'headquarters' for everyone in the club will be garage #7, that's where you would get registration forms, ask questions, etc.

I will be in garage #27, please hang there with us if you want. If it rains you will have a place to put your stuff and there's electricity in each garage and air compressor access.

No unfortunately they don't have transponders.

I can't wait either!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna run Fri also, so I am going on Th...I think the other guys are running Sat/Sun like you are. Try to get there Fri night BEFORE dark, they will be doing tech and registration at the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn, Bellville, OH. (host hotel, ask for PCA rate). Hotels are across the street from each other. They will have pizza/beer also.

That way you will be all set to go and won't have to wait in tech lines on Sat. morning:)

I will be in garage #27, please hang there with us if you want. If it rains you will have a place to put your stuff and there's electricity in each garage and air compressor access.

No unfortunately they don't have transponders.

Im off Friday??? Whats the requirements for running Friday? Im not an instructor.

If allowed I could get up there and at least run some and if not I could do the tech inspection and watch I guess.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im off Friday??? Whats the requirements for running Friday? Im not an instructor.

If allowed I could get up there and at least run some and if not I could do the tech inspection and watch I guess.

If you are an adv (solo) driver you can run Friday! It's a LOT of track time, think it's $150. If you go to clubregistration.net where you registered, there's an email address of someone you could check with to see if there's space, think it's margaret.

Jeff (cash84) is gonna be there Fri morning too hanging out. If you just hang out I am sure you will end up in a car or two.:D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are an adv (solo) driver you can run Friday! It's a LOT of track time, think it's $150. If you go to clubregistration.net where you registered, there's an email address of someone you could check with to see if there's space, think it's margaret.

Jeff (cash84) is gonna be there Fri morning too hanging out. If you just hang out I am sure you will end up in a car or two.:D

Well I would be in the intermediate group. I always like an instructor for the first session out at minimum and then again when I get frustrated:D I will put in that I would like you as an instructor if you dont mind and if that doesnt work out I know the porsche instructors are good. I had one at a Viperdays event at mid-ohio a couple years ago. Can we leave our trailers at the track for the evenings or do we have to clear out everything each night?

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am staying at the Comfort inn on both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm not sure where everone else is staying. I'll try to sneak out of work a little early on Friday if I can.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't get confused with Hoosier A6 vs. Hoosier R6. A6 is for autocross only or hot lap. If you use those on road racing, after about 3-4 laps they will make you slide around and be useless. They heat up fast vs. the R6. You can get more info at tirerack.com. I been told by others about this and read it on tirerack.com too.

Anyway, plan on leaving around friday 3-4am I hate the Chicago traffic after 6am.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I would be in the intermediate group. I always like an instructor for the first session out at minimum and then again when I get frustrated:D I will put in that I would like you as an instructor if you dont mind and if that doesnt work out I know the porsche instructors are good. I had one at a Viperdays event at mid-ohio a couple years ago. Can we leave our trailers at the track for the evenings or do we have to clear out everything each night?

yes you can definitely leave your trailer at the track Fri and Sat. night.

we will be in garage #27, so if you want you can park around there, that area is reserved for all those in the garages that have trailers. cash84 will have a trailer also.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put in that I would like you as an instructor if you dont mind and if that doesnt work out I know the porsche instructors are good.

Twist my arm! holy cow I am gonna get to ride in some kewl Vipers, life can't get any better:2tu: but yeh you are right, if you don't get me you won't be disappointed, almost everyone in this group is good.

I am at the Comfort Inn also.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be up Friday! Maybe even get some passanger seat time with the Friday run group. Im signed up today at the comfort Inn. They only had couple rooms left when I called, guess I shouldnt have procrastinated on that one:D but got a room! That roster is huge!! I hope we get some good track time? I havn't run with the PCA before so im looking forward to it. Trying out my new BM3 pads too:2tu:

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be up Friday! Maybe even get some passanger seat time with the Friday run group. Im signed up today at the comfort Inn. They only had couple rooms left when I called, guess I shouldnt have procrastinated on that one:D but got a room! That roster is huge!! I hope we get some good track time? I havn't run with the PCA before so im looking forward to it. Trying out my new BM3 pads too:2tu:

I called around noon yesterday lol yeah I do procrastinate sometimes lol

Also, I'm at Comfort Inn too ha

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
173 cars on the roster for this weekend and ONLY 4 Vipers:dunno:... Guess we will be practicing our passing rules a lot:lmao:

it's been only me the last year, so I am pretty darn excited to show up with reinforcements:D

hope you guys are hungry for some porsches:eater::lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude