FREE track time at Mid OH

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got the car back together this past weekend.

New rotors - check.
New stainless lines - check.
New brake fluid - check.
New oil - check.
New tires - check.
New datalogger - check.
New clearbra - check.
Motons charged - check.
Iphone lap timer - check.

I just need to clean the car and it will be ready to go! :drive:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

New rotors - check.
New brake fluid - check.
New oil - check.
New tires - check.
New datalogger - check.
New clearbra - check.
Motons charged - check.

holy cow batman, you ARE ready to play!!!!

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score

New rotors - check.
New brake fluid - check.
New oil - check.
New tires - check.
New datalogger - check.
New clearbra - check.
Motons charged - check.

OOOOO got the iPhone lap timer? what app did you get? I got one of the free one but gonna get the other one for $12 that shows the actual track forgot what it was called.

My foot on the gas - check. :D

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got Harry's lap timer. I think it was $12. http://gps-laptimer.de/ Someone already submitted POI's for Mid-Ohio so you can just download the track sectors. I thought I would try it and maybe compare to some stopwatch times. If it looks like it works OK they also have an IPad app that can be used to analyze the GPS and accelerometer data. I didn't think I would ever have a need for an IPad but....

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got Harry's lap timer. I think it was $12. http://gps-laptimer.de/ Someone already submitted POI's for Mid-Ohio so you can just download the track sectors. I thought I would try it and maybe compare to some stopwatch times. If it looks like it works OK they also have an IPad app that can be used to analyze the GPS and accelerometer data. I didn't think I would ever have a need for an IPad but....

wow that's a good deal.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lap timer......Huh?:dunno: What are you guys talking about?
Just count the Porches you Pass Per Lap? That's Your PPL :beer:

I use a RLC Chase Commander. Great system and maps the track etc. Kind of pricey but works great!

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can set my Iphone to read in PPL units. The display turns RED if you are currently running less than 10 PPL and GREEN if you are above 10 PPL.

OK, not really. I was just Lancing ya. LOL.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be driving by M.O. tomorrow on my way home from a trade show in FL! Will let you know if it is not there anymore! Never know if martians might have landed and stolen it! :lmao:

I crack myself up! ;):D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be driving by M.O. tomorrow on my way home from a trade show in FL! Will let you know if it is not there anymore! Never know if martians might have landed and stolen it! :lmao:

I crack myself up! ;):D

Dude! Are you driving up 65 or 75 or 77????

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh but it looks like rain for Fri:(

oh well at least there's Sat/Sun

I know :( ****! Saturday is going to have a chill in the air too but Sunday should turn out to be good! Who knows maybe they will screw the whole thing up and we will have a cloudy friday and sunny sat/sun? :2tu:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know :( ****! Saturday is going to have a chill in the air too but Sunday should turn out to be good! Who knows maybe they will screw the whole thing up and we will have a cloudy friday and sunny sat/sun? :2tu:

Yeh! At least we have a garage:)

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Iphone is showing 82 and sunny today, 70 and rain tomorrow, 50 and partly sunny Saturday, and 52 but cloudy on Sunday. That is actually a decent forecast for this time of the year. It could be worse!

I took the Viper out for a quick shakedown and to bed the brakes this week. I only put like two miles on it and when I got back it was absolutely covered in bug juice. It took about an hour to clean it all off. :omg:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be packing in the morning and loading up the car. Then away I go.

I will bring a pop up canopy too so we dont crowd Leslie out of her garage too much:2tu: and the all important camp chair or 5 gallon bucket:D!

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just returned from the OVPCA Mid Ohio DE and I wanted to be the first to post what a great time we all had. I met several great people there and I can see why Leslie likes to run at the PCA events. The Vipers were well represented. I met Shandon and Jeff, both great Viper guys that know how to drive fast! But above all I just can’t thank Leslie enough for hooking me up and agreeing to be my instructor. And wow, can that girl drive! Personally, I think I made a lot of improvement in my driving which I totally credit to Leslie. :thankyou:
I’ll post some pix later because I am just too tired to do it now. :crazy2:

Oh, and Porsche tastes a lot like chicken! :2tu:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just returned from the OVPCA Mid Ohio DE and I wanted to be the first to post what a great time we all had. I met several great people there and I can see why Leslie likes to run at the PCA events. The Vipers were well represented. I met Shandon and Jeff, both great Viper guys that know how to drive fast! But above all I just can’t thank Leslie enough for hooking me up and agreeing to be my instructor. And wow, can that girl drive! Personally, I think I made a lot of improvement in my driving which I totally credit to Leslie. :thankyou:

wow i feel like I should be thanking YOU!!!

I had SOOooo much fun hanging with you and your wife, Shandon, Jeff and Tim, wow. Thank you for dinner and the bottle of wine:) and yeh you SHOULD be feeling pretty full, you ate a lotta chicken! haha

I am exhausted also, will post pics tomorrow! Glad to see you both made it home safe.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aside from not being allowed to go faster....Glad I got to meet a couple new viper guys which made it a better weekend. Just excuse my humor, I tend to get carried away :D but Leslie still a grandma :lmao:

I wish I was out there taking some pictures of you guys but my camera is old and not that great of quality.

We got home little after 9 here which gave Tim plenty of time. Got the Viper unloaded and unpacked in 30mins!!! That has to be a record for me lol. Bad side The roads on 294 in IL where the bridges are bad, was bouncing around in the truck pretty bad and was freaking out about the viper....the handle of the ratched been rubbing since I got home. I don't even think it'll buff out :( might need a little paint job.

Hope we get together again!!! Was a blast! Tim said he had a awesome time except the weather (which goes for all of us).

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a great time! It was so much fun and you all (you and your wife) were a treat to hang with! And thanks again for the BlueMoon;). Leslie the YOUNG lady that she is can drive the tires right off a viper! That ride with her was AWESOME!!!! Better than any roller coaster I have been on:D!! Wait until I get that video up because it was awesome!! Jeff's car is absolutley stunning. I love the Yellow and black (sorry chad) and I know there several porches that will have found a new fear of bumblebees now:D.... Well im home and alreading working on my next track weekend! So addictive!

So here are some photo's from the weekend! Enjoy!

You must be registered for see images attach

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon what did you do the the front of your car??

Got rid of the ARP front splitter and put on the Autoform one. It just sits on to the front facia and screws to a side panel for easy on off. In person it makes the car look very menacing! The piece works far better than the ARP splitter, that thing was crap.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look in person then. In pictures I liked the splitter better.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look in person then. In pictures I liked the splitter better.

Yup, I was unsure too until I put it on:D. The car just looks evil from the front now. I liked both looks but I only bought them for function anyway. The sweet thing about this one is it just comes off and I have my normal OEM front end:2tu: