Front end hits- help!

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am one month into owning a '94 and no matter how careful I am, the front of the car bottoms out on almost any kind of incline when I turn into drive ways or parking lots. What's the answer?

Jim

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JRB:
What's the answer?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Live with it and quit worrying.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to owning a viper
smile.gif

3" clearance.. got to love it hehe...

If your worried about damage, Roe and others make a little "guard" for the lower nose.. supposed to work well.

James

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just go slow and get used to it, thats part of the "viper experience"
smile.gif
, you should see the underside of my fascia its a nightmare, just try not to let it get to you

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if GenI cooling systems have the dreaded front fascia bolt sitting right on the overflow bottle like us GenIIers, but if so get that one offending bolt the heck out of there before your popping off the whole front end for a new plastic bottle, ugh!!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Anyone have a problem with spidering of paint on their lower fascia?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had that problem. Went off track and hit the facia in a ditch. Had the bra on so it took most of the brunt, but the point of impact had spidering paint cracks.

OP
OP
J

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car came with the chin guard from fasrack on it. A little protection only in the center- I don't like the look of it, so I took it off. It only delays the inevitable!

Jim

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flame away, I'm tough, I can take it!
-&gt;
I've resorted to coating the bottom inch and a half of the front lip (the very lower part that sticks straight down) with black PlastiDip. It looks so much better than the white plastic (thanks Dodge) showing through. I've actually hit cones hard enough autocrossing that have spidered and chipped paint off from down there.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Check this out...
Gen I
Gen II
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've got these (as Snake Bitten suggests) and they work well! Still get hit on the leading corners though. Hey...that's part of ownership
wink.gif

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank 01GTS:
I believe spidering may also mean that the fascia, not just the paint, is cracking.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Thanks again Dodge. Ah well, it's only money. Maybe I'll have a custom lower section molding in rubber for my car. Maybe not.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone read their owners manual ?
Center console, second switch from the left, right next to the fog lamp switch. Toggle back to increase front clearance, toggle forward for anything over 55 MPH.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert1994:
Doesn't anyone read their owners manual ?
Center console, second switch from the left, right next to the fog lamp switch. Toggle back to increase front clearance, toggle forward for anything over 55 MPH.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

Ah, Hawaii, bet you don't even get potholes out there... say, you're not hiring are you?

;-)