Front fascia removal?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to take my front fascia off to get the scratches under the front fixed/re-painted. Two questions:
1. How to remove it (Gen 1)
2. Will it be easy for the body shop to match the stock black paint?

OP
OP
S

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found some old posts on "how-to", so I think i'm set to go. I will go the route of removing the plastic clips as opposed to the whole bumper assembly.

Since my fascia alignment is perfect now, will it go back on in the same spot or will there be adjustments to do?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for Gen II the alignment doesn't change unless you move the reinforcement, the clips go back into the same holes.

I also found the same clips at a local parts store cheaper than dodge....of course body shop may have as a "freebie" for the repaint price...

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gen 1 is pretty much the same as gen 2... blacks not to hard to match just make sure they take there time to look at the color before they paint it

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you re align your hood/ bumper. i bought my gen 1 clean. never been in a accident. but now the more i drive it the more the hood or the bumper needs to be re aligned. Does anyone know why? and is it a huge job to realign it?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBite...here's my .02.

If indeed all the damage is on the underside of the fascia...a good shop can just color paint the underside and blend over the edge. Then, clear the entire fascia.

If the color match is close, a blend around a corner like that would make it nearly impossible to see.

The clips and screws could be removed for the clear spray..then re-installed. Sure would beat taking it off.

The body shop I use has a lift in the spray booth for lower cars.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
S

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SnakeBite...here's my .02.

If indeed all the damage is on the underside of the fascia...a good shop can just color paint the underside and blend over the edge. Then, clear the entire fascia.

If the color match is close, a blend around a corner like that would make it nearly impossible to see.

The clips and screws could be removed for the clear spray..then re-installed. Sure would beat taking it off.

The body shop I use has a lift in the spray booth for lower cars.

Just a thought.

The repairs are only on the under side but still every one of the posts i've searched have said you MUST remove the fascia to truely do the job correct.