Front fascia.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to replace my front fascia. Which one do you guys like the best, especially those who have made the swap.

If it has a splitter, I would like it to be removable for drag racing.

Thanks,

Chad

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Autoform Lemans Fascia w/removable splitter. I really like the looks of it although the splitter sticks out about 4 inches or so and can scrape if not careful. And my car is not lowered (yet). I plan to cut the splitter down to about 2 inches to help prevent the scraping. I don't think the fascia is any lower than stock though. Only issue with the autoform is the fitment. Mine fits like it is a stock piece, only because the bodyshop did such a great job. It took a lot of work and time, but it was worth it.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does not seem there is to many to choose from. I like Scott's fascia at Elite Motorsports.

Here is a couple pics on my old Gen I.

165YellowViper6-22-04.JPG

165BothVipers6-22.JPG

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, The are some issues with an after market front fascia's. Most of them are made of fiberglass and tend to not be as forgiving. So they chip easily. I was going to go with the Le Mans style (the one with the lights) bet decided when I saw one that had 2000 miles on it. They take a beating.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Dennis I really like your Car!! The front fascia is cool, never seen that before.

Also, is that viper yellow?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, The are some issues with an after market front fascia's. Most of them are made of fiberglass and tend to not be as forgiving. So they chip easily. I was going to go with the Le Mans style (the one with the lights) bet decided when I saw one that had 2000 miles on it. They take a beating.

Chad,

Good points you make here, mine was chipping up bad after 500 miles. On one of the towes the tow truck driver damaged it with the cables. So I had it repainted and put the 3M Clear bra on it, or at least 80% of it and it appears to be helping a lot. Hopefully time will tell.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not my car. It belongs to the german VCA's vice president. Was in the quarterly once...

Totally handmade, self-designed. Looks stunning in real, and really works with the Viper's curves.

The colour is no actual Viper colour. He mixed it in a way on his own. I'm sure he can remember. In the meanwhile the car is painted in a dark blue. Fits really good to the car..

You must be registered for see images

I can hook you up with him if you're interested in anything.

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want the LeMans fascia but have heard too many bad things with fit, material differences, etc.

Any others?

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want the LeMans fascia but have heard too many bad things with fit, material differences, etc.

Any others?

Check out my pics in the members gallery. I am more than happy with my LeMans fascia. Who cares about a few paint chips? The car is meant to be driven. When it gets bad enough, just get it repainted. I'd make sure before hand that you have a reputable place that does good work. That is the only real issue I see with it.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a rear diffuser. It is a custom carbon fiber piece (not autoform). The pics I have in my gallery are before I installed it. I plan on posting some pics soon.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't like on that bumper is the way it makes the car look like a vacuum cleaner. But in black and with the stripes it look really good.

I love that hood. :laugh:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
adam never misses an oppertunity to post photos of his car

Hey Dan whats a matter dont you love me anymore! Besides lets see what you would do if you havent seen your car for over 7 1/2 mos between DLM and Elite doing their work on the car...ALL I HAVE RIGHT NOW IS PICTURES! :(

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
adam never misses an oppertunity to post photos of his car

Hey Dan whats a matter dont you love me anymore! Besides lets see what you would do if you havent seen your car for over 7 1/2 mos between DLM and Elite doing their work on the car...ALL I HAVE RIGHT NOW IS PICTURES! :(

I thought you had your car back, Are you getting more work done?

Ed

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

All I have to say with the amount of Custom work Adam has had on his car it deserves to me in a museum. I saw it in Florida and it is truly amazing I don't think there is an inch on that car that hasn't been customized. WICKED!!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ed..was suppose to have it back tommorrow but Scotts kid Nick got sick again and between Scott and Joyce taking turns at the hospital with him it pushed me back a week..Will have by next friday...

Thanks Ben for those words of encouragment...Im dying a slow torturous death with this waiting...GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ed..was suppose to have it back tommorrow but Scotts kid Nick got sick again and between Scott and Joyce taking turns at the hospital with him it pushed me back a week..Will have by next friday...

Thanks Ben for those words of encouragment...Im dying a slow torturous death with this waiting...GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Adam,

Cool glad to hear you are getting it back soon. I can't wait to see it in person. I am sure it looks Awesome and better yet runs like a ***** ape. Any chance you are coming to Chryslers in Carlisle? Should be an easy trophy for your car!

Also I know what you mean about with drawels, I just got the 95 back last Friday and it pretty much was down since September last year. Then I had it back for one month until I started having problems. I think when I got it back I was more excited than when I bought it, and I am not even supercharged.

Regards,
Ed

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a big Dodge / Mopar show. About 2000 cars on Saturday and Sunday.
Last year there was about 40 vipers at the show on Saturday, plus the PA viper club has a catered lunch for the viper owners.

It is just a pretty nice show with a descent viper turn out. It gets lots of spectators too, probably in the neighborhood of 10000 for the weekend.

Here is the link. It is in Carlisle Pennsylvania, probably a little drive from you. It is 20 minutes from my house and to give you an idea it takes me about 4hrs to get to Chucks.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=420253&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post420253

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a body shop recently paint and install the Autoform Le Mans facia to my 99 gts. The part was 2500 and labor was 2500. The fit and finish on their product is a joke plus you have to wait a month just for them to make it and ship. The body shop I used is a custom shop and they are perfectionists. But they had to install and remove the facia many times while the car was there to get it to fit right. Plus they had to sand and fill a lot for paint prep. It looks and works perfectly now but it is not a simple venture. The product SHOULD but does not come from Autoform ready to paint. The splitter had to be sanded prepped etc. too, but its thick and very durable. The good thing is this facia does not have that ridiculous lip under the bottom like factory that catches curbs or drive-ways and your clearance is better. The facia is fiber-glass and can chip easier and it takes a lot of talent to do right----THE FIRST TIME. See you in DALLAS. WON GTS.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a body shop recently paint and install the Autoform Le Mans facia to my 99 gts. The part was 2500 and labor was 2500. The fit and finish on their product is a joke plus you have to wait a month just for them to make it and ship. The body shop I used is a custom shop and they are perfectionists. But they had to install and remove the facia many times while the car was there to get it to fit right. Plus they had to sand and fill a lot for paint prep. It looks and works perfectly now but it is not a simple venture. The product SHOULD but does not come from Autoform ready to paint. The splitter had to be sanded prepped etc. too, but its thick and very durable. The good thing is this facia does not have that ridiculous lip under the bottom like factory that catches curbs or drive-ways and your clearance is better. The facia is fiber-glass and can chip easier and it takes a lot of talent to do right----THE FIRST TIME. See you in DALLAS. WON GTS.

Kelley,

I had to read your post twice to get over the fact that you had the exact same experience as me. In fact I am sure there is an almost identical post on this subject written by my self with the exact same results.

My suggestion is that those who like the way it looks(obviously I am one of them)need to expect and spend as much money of installation as the cost of the product.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kelley,

I had to read your post twice to get over the fact that you had the exact same experience as me. In fact I am sure there is an almost identical post on this subject written by my self with the exact same results.

My suggestion is that those who like the way it looks(obviously I am one of them)need to expect and spend as much money of installation as the cost of the product.

Ditto, time and care on the install is essential.