Fuel filter

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any tips i think i got bad gas in my 2004 SRT10 the car has no power when driving it in 1st it responds like im in 5th give it gas and no responce. Where is the fuel filter and how do i change it any tips .thank you in advance .

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the location of the fuel filter in All-data.

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 V10-8.3L VIN Z - Locations

Fuel Filter number is 5290801AB

You will need a fuel line removal tool to release the fuel lines from the fuel filter. You can but them from NAPA.

FUEL & AC LINE DISCONNECT TOOL, LARGE
FUEL & AC LINE DISCONNECT TOOL, SMALL

You will need to remove the fuel from the gas tank if it is as bad as you say.

STANDARD PROCEDURE - FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE RELEASE PROCEDURE

1. Remove Fuel Pump relay from Power Distribution Center (PDC) . For location of relay, refer to label on underside of PDC cover.
  2. Start and run engine until it stalls.
  3. Attempt restarting engine until it will no longer run.
  4. Turn ignition key to OFF position.
  5. Return fuel pump relay to PDC.
  6. One or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) may have been stored in PCM memory due to fuel pump relay removal. Remove the positive cable from the fuse box under the hood to clear the DTC code from the PCM.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robbie,

Correct me if I am wrong but without an Alldata subscription login the location of the filter is impossible to view using the link you provided.

Tim

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct but sometimes the link works and sometimes it does not. If you send me an email I can send you a picture of the filter location though it is in front of the left rear tire up on the frame.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was pissed when I signed up for alldatadiy.com for my 05 Viper.
There is absolutely NO information of value for a do it yourselfer when you buy the subscription for this car.

I've had half a dozen other subscriptions for other cars which were chock full of how to replace this and that, but Alldata's coverage on the 03 - 08 viper totally *****.

Buyer beware if anyone signs up for it.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are quite correct that the amount of information is somewhat lacking on vipers, to a do it yourselfer, with All Data but what is there is of great help to a tech.