Fuel Leak - Need Help!!!

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found a fuel leak under my car. It is located where the braided fuel line connects to the tubed fuel line as the line travels down from the engine right behind the firewall. There is a platic grommet that fits between a metal connector and the fuel line that goes back to the fuel tank. It appears the plastic grmmet popped out of place. I popped it back in tight against the connector but it just pops out again after a few minutes. Anybody know what to do to fix it long enough to get it to the shop? Here is a picture from underneath the car.

You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, is the leak by the left rear wheel or by the front of the car? If it is by the left rear wheel, your fuel line has become dislodged from the fuel filter and you need to reseat the line. I t is a little plastic locking device that keeps it in place. There was a gentleman at VOI7 that had thi happen to his 98 GTS as he was getting ready to leave on a long drive and I happened to catch it. The PVO guys came to his aid, and I found out that it is a possibility for this to happen from time to time.

Mike

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, it appears what has happened is the plastic lock that holds the line onto your primary line has broken,it has two small plastic ears inside that lock onto your line to make a seal,you can repair that by replacing the fitting(lock)most parts stores carry it as it is a common chry.fitting,if not let me know,I would be more than glad to send you the line that goes from your intake to your primary line as we have plenty of takeoffs from S.C installs.

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's it. Vipermed, I will call you today to give you my credit card for the part.

THANKS!

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, just email or call me with your address and i will ship it to you,just send me a check when you recieve it for the shipping,do you want it overnight?

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The folks on this forum are great!! Vipermed shipped out the fuel line to me today via Fedex. When I offered to pay him for the part, he refused payment. Thanks again Vipermed!