Gas Mileage

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being a new viper owner, man these things go through the fuel. It doesn't stop me driving it, thats for sure. Love the car.:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
wikkid said: "Being a new viper owner, man these things go through the fuel".

All that I can say is that I feel the same way entering the 15th year of ownership of this wonderful make. The smiles never stop...on the face or in the heart.

I suppose my own fuel mileage would be better if I could stay off of the gas pedal... and maybe stop going for that extra special exhaust note...BUT, why would anyone do that??!!! :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive:Its great isnt it :D It gives the tree huggers something to moan about :rolaugh:

i always love driving next to a prius

op - keep you foot out of it and in high gear as much as possible and 20+ mpg no problemo - do it for a tank or 2 just so you know it is there, then forget about it, and drive your viper like you like

:drive:

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
add a few turbos and some boost, you can actually watch the gauge go down. I figure I get about 6 - 8 miles to the gallon. I do however tend to get into the boost a lot so that doesnt help... :)

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I average 29 mpg around town if I combine the ACR with the ZR1 mpg, that's 13 with the ACR and 16 with the ZR1.

I was sitting in a meeting with our company treasurer recently and he said "we aren't very green, are we?" I told him if it would make him happy I would get a hybird sticker and slap on the Viper.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a new viper owner, man these things go through the fuel. It doesn't stop me driving it, thats for sure. Love the car.:)

I did a tank at 65-70 MPH, very little hard acceleration and got 23.5 mpg(28mpG Imperial). So the mileage is there if you want it. My normal is as above...6-8 mpg.:D After all I didn't buy it to compete for mileage, I bought it to drive.:drive:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed on a long trip to get 27 mpg in 6th gear at about 900 rpm (speed limit was 55 mph) through upstate New York.....I figure that's gotta be near a record for one tank of gas. On the other hand, my usual driving gets me about 18 mpg in my mix of City/Hwy with only moderate acceleration here and there.

Enjoy your new Viper!

Regards,
Aaron

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper get's AWESOME gas millage, when it's sitting in my garage.
Other than that I don't care about the mpg. IMHO, drive it like you stole it or sell it to someone who will!:headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers were some of the first Hybrids. They burn both gas and rubber : )

6th gear is for fuel economy. The rest are for fun. (Seems fair to me)

Hybrids get the best fuel economy in stop and go traffic while Vipers get the best in highway cruise. Because of this Vipers should be given free access to carpool lanes while hybrids should be restricted to the stop and go lanes.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get 6mpg on the track...burn through a little more than a 1/4 tank in a 20 min. session haha!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the beauty of these cars is the fact that they're great on gas when you want economy or you're just in a relaxed mood, toolin' down the road... but as Leslie implied, they'll produce 6 mpg, monster power when you want it!!:headbang::drive::drive:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the way to VOI in Vegas, I got 34 in my 94 and another member got 32 in his 95.
Half dozen witnesses.:D

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers were some of the first Hybrids. They burn both gas and rubber : )

6th gear is for fuel economy. The rest are for fun. (Seems fair to me)

Hybrids get the best fuel economy in stop and go traffic while Vipers get the best in highway cruise. Because of this Vipers should be given free access to carpool lanes while hybrids should be restricted to the stop and go lanes.
Well said Paul! I'll have to use a few of those quotes in the future....I likeee!:2tu:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compared to the the muscle cars I've played with in my time with large displacement engines, I have to say that my '09 is very easy on gas. Especially considering the 510 cubic inch lump under the hood.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the beauty of these cars is the fact that they're great on gas when you want economy or you're just in a relaxed mood, toolin' down the road... but as Leslie implied, they'll produce 6 mpg, monster power when you want it!!:headbang::drive::drive:

you know that's right!

I get 25mpg driving home from the track:2tu:

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went 354 miles on a tank @ about 65 mph, and these cars do have a low fuel light. Mileage has a little over 24.

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing may part to end the recession by support our local gas station. Several know me by my first name and they always great me with their palms up :).

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my way home from northern MI to southern MI, I averaged almost 30mpg doing 80-90mph. Trying to figure out how it pulled that off. I am wondering if it was mostly downhill or something. I usually net around 24mpg at highway speeds.

Nick

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the ACR and wing detriment for gas milage, I got 22 mpg and was driving around 65-70 on my current trip to Seattle this week.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving 80-90mph I got 23mpg... it would have been higher if I didn't have to slow down so much for idiots that don't pass and get over when they are done (passing 1mph faster than the car next to them).

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hell, I can go on average 300 miles on one tank on the highway! The mileage is there if you can keep your foot out of it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala