%#@#$#% Gate closed on my 2 week old viper

OrthoD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gate on my development exit malfunctioned and slammed on my car. Fortunately it only cracked the plastic mirror on the passanger side. I am told that you can not buy just the mirror, the whole mirror assembly has to be replaced!!! Anybody have just a mirror insert for the passenger side so I don't have to leave my car at a dealer and haggle with the homeowners association about paying for the whole mirror assembly? :mad:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhh that must be the worst feeling ever!! I know i scraped my viper over a speed bump when it was about 2 weeks old and I felt like [*****] :eek:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sux but it sounds like it could have been worse. Guess the mgmt company needs to buy you a new mirror.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it is the same mirror as the dodge stealth or mitsubishi 3000 gt. Ask Jon B. for sure. Those parts won't have the V price factor on them.

Thats only on the GEN I/II cars.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm imagining the character from the famous silent scream painting letting some choice expletives go after that one!

...Though the story DOES remind me of when I was on assignment in DC last year pulling a huge upscale retirement community out of the dumpster operationally. We were brought in to save the place so they didn't have to renege on their bonds. Anyway, it was this nightmare assignment that no one else would take and we're busting our belts 24/7 trying to get the place in shape when our new regional boss decides to make a visit. The new replacement for the former guy at the gate who had been helping his friends steal residents' cars managed not only to ask her 20 questions before letting her in, but also managed to close the gate on the hood of her new Jag as she drove through...... :eek:

...the day started off colorfully, but she pulled through ok.

Hope you find what you need. Glad it's only superficial and there's no paint damage!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will need an entire mirror, but I sure hope the Mgmt. Company is taking care of this? Did it do damage to your door also?

Not a good deal, and the info is correct that this is not the same mirror as the Dodge Stealth or Mitsu. New design for the Gen III , enabling owners the unique experience of actually being able to see out of their right side mirror,ha.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The complete mirror asy painted from the dealer is only $170.