gen 1 cam sensor

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody found an alternative cam sensor for a 1994? all the shelves seem to be bare

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading the thread on another forum that ALL sources for Gen II camshaft position sensors are out. Mopar and all of the aftermarket outlets. One person (vendor?) said that they were all made by the same manufacturer.

Looks like the same thing may be happening with the Gen I ? I assume that you have tried JonB. Have you tried Rockauto and Autozone? I suspect that in this case, they might be sourcing their parts from the same manufacturer as Mopar did.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
We will need to start a writing campaign to get Dodge to start manufacturing the Cam sensors for the Gen 1&2. Otherwise, we all will have a lot of garage art.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are gone and a few people have bought them all up. Someone will come up with a replacement or a way to make another work.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are gone and a few people have bought them all up. Someone will come up with a replacement or a way to make another work.

I didn't know that was true for the Gen I. Rockauto still has them listed for the Gen I; but, no longer has them listed for the Gen II

OP
OP
W

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockauto lists the crankshaft sensor not the camshaft sensor I am keeping my fingers crossed found one on ebay correct BDW part #css44 it is supposed to get here on Tuesday.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockauto still has them listed for the Gen I; but, no longer has them listed for the Gen II

Rockauto lists the crankshaft sensor not the camshaft sensor I am keeping my fingers crossed found one on ebay correct BDW part #css44 it is supposed to get here on Tuesday.

Well, it looks like you are getting what you need.That's what is most important. Not sure how we got different results from Rockauto. I just checked a second time and am still able to find the camshaft sensor for a '94 Viper , and place it in the cart. The photo they used for the part is identical to the one used in the PB ad that you bought from.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They did have the cam sensor listed for a gen 2. It's gone now from their site. I wonder if the crankshaft sensor is close at all. I called Summit and the list both as interchangeable from one company but he could have been an idiot...

Kma4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the part number for the Gen2 sensor from Rock Auto. Shows fitting from 94 to 06. Also an 04 to 06 1500 truck.
Ignition
Camshaft Position Sensor
Close Add Car to My List Print Send these listings to a friend

DODGE 1999 VIPER 8.0L V10 Ignition Camshaft Position Sensor
Price
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # PC142
{#05245084, 5245084, X98821GT}

Previous ImagePart ImageNext Image
$44.79
Crankshaft Position Sensor

OP
OP
W

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered cam position sensor from Pep Boys they sent me an email stating they are refunding my account with no explanation I am assuming they do not have one (for gen 1) advanced auto says they have one in stock ordered it this morning still keeping my fingers crossed. Called Rockauto this morning they do not have one. It seems cps for gen 1 are very rare. I called BWD they have it listed but as an obsolete part. This is starting to ****

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it looks like you are getting what you need.That's what is most important. Not sure how we got different results from Rockauto. I just checked a second time and am still able to find the camshaft sensor for a '94 Viper , and place it in the cart. The photo they used for the part is identical to the one used in the PB ad that you bought from.

Called Rockauto this morning they do not have one. It seems cps for gen 1 are very rare. I called BWD they have it listed but as an obsolete part. This is starting to ****.

I just looked for a camshaft position sensor for a 94 Viper on the Rock Auto website this morning. Nothing is listed today ! It looks like they corrected their system after you verified that they had no stock.

So, it looks like the previous manufacturing run of parts has been depleted for the Gen 1 and 2. There was a comment by a vendor in another thread that something might be in the works to rectify that; but, no indication of when or how.

Paul Scharf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a couple used take out gen 1 sensors and 2 new a/m coming in Monday, let me know if anyone needs help on the gen 1 side
which has the pigtail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala