Gen 1 Clutch Linkage Separation? HELP!

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hoping my fellow VCA members can help me out. I have LIMITED mechanical knowledge and had the worst night this evening since owning my Gen 1 Viper (almost has 17,000 miles).

Just as I was leaving my street for a quick drive, I was trying to change from 1st to 2nd gear and SNAP - my clutch pedal felt as though it broke and was not 'connected' to anything. I was lucky enough to pull onto a side street. Forgive my lack of proper names but it appears the linkage on my clutch "snapped / separated / broke" from something????:mad: No sign of leaking fluids, but I took a picture of it... can I please get advice on what this may be (and would it be expensive to repair)???? Again - my mechanical expertise goes as far as changing oil in a car! It also freaks me out that this linkage part had a -ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO- label on it!!??

Oh - the clutch pressure line to the slave cylinder was replaced at about 13,361 miles (or just over 6 years ago) if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for this help!

Attachments

• Viper - Clutch Linkage Snapped Pic 1.jpg
    Viper - Clutch Linkage Snapped Pic 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Viper - Clutch Linkage Snapped Pic 2.jpg
    Viper - Clutch Linkage Snapped Pic 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
B

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So - it appears that the Clutch Cylinder has snapped/broken causing my problem... curious if anyone else had a similar issue? I was told removing/changing the cylinder is not that bad - it's the bleeding of the clutch line that is a pain and lengthy?

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happened to my 1992 Viper 3 months ago. Faulty clutch repair was the cause. Took my RT/10 to Normandin Chrysler and the kind Viper Techs fixed it in a day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4