Gen 2 dash bulb list

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already performed a search but no direct info resulted. The dash is out on my 96 gts and I want to replace the original bulbs as maintenance or switch to a different color. Looking for the part number on the bulbs and how many? I'm assuming one each for speedo, tach, 4 center gauges, and headlight switch? Does the info center pod have more than one? Obviously, I could take them out and look but in case they have to ordered would rather do it all at one time.
Thanks.

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are the bulb types, the headlight switch will have to be rewired, you have to swap the wires on pins 9-7. The LED's are reversed polarization of the stock bulb.

Gauges- 5, 74 bulbs
3, 194 bulbs
AC panel- 2, 194 bulbs
Ign key- 1, 74 bulb
headlight switch- 1, BA7S-X
Dome 2, 194
the dimmer and window switches look to be 3mm LED's so they have to be sautered in.

All the bulbs are available at superbrightleds.com

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The only difference I found was that the small bulb in the speedo is a "s1 03", this same one is also in the info pod, just one, the other 13 are the 74's. Do you know if it is the same as a 74?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last one I need is the headlight switch bulb, decided to stay with the stock non leds. The one I pulled out does not have any numbers on it and the dealer does not show a replacement number?? Looked online but could not find anything.

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find the number for the headlight switch bulb: Philips 12828. According to the dealer, the bulb is not available as a separate part, you have to buy the whole switch!!. Looked online and called every parts supplier in town-no luck. Not interested in going to an LED. Anyone able to find these anywhere?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960