Gen 2 Radio

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a stock Gen 2 radio (Alpine) laying around they don't want? The cd player in mine crashed yesterday. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.:)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have one but I honestly don't even know if it works. Can't you get a cheapie to put in? RT/10 doesn't conform well to accustics anyway.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have one but I honestly don't even know if it works. Can't you get a cheapie to put in? RT/10 doesn't conform well to accustics anyway.

I actually have a 98 GTS even though my avatar is an RT/10. I have an Eclipse, but the wiring is going to be a pain if I put something in other than stock. Do you have a local car audio shop (not a chain) near you? They could bench test it in a minute or two... take a cd if you do it. Thanks.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just happen to have mine laying around (along with the stock amplifier and all 4 speakers)--you're welcome to them, and I might even be nice and drive them out to you...

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just happen to have mine laying around (along with the stock amplifier and all 4 speakers)--you're welcome to them, and I might even be nice and drive them out to you...

That would be great. We could meet somewhere in the middle? I will PM you with my contact information. :)

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you. Does your CD player ever skip when you are on bumpy road? Mine does, but it is also an ACR. Just curious.

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you. Does your CD player ever skip when you are on bumpy road? Mine does, but it is also an ACR. Just curious.
Both of mine have skipped badly on bumpy roads. It's one of the main reasons I end up getting a new radio. I hate not having the AVC, though.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to publically thank everyone for there help with the radio. Vman455 just drove up from his home (about 90 miles) and gave me his old one. BIG TIME KUDOS TO THE VMAN!!! :2tu: Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate what you did for me! I hope I can return the favor someday. Take care and we will see you around! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to publically thank everyone for there help with the radio. Vman455 just drove up from his home (about 90 miles) and gave me his old one. BIG TIME KUDOS TO THE VMAN!!! :2tu: Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate what you did for me! I hope I can return the favor someday. Take care and we will see you around! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

You already did--I got rid of that radio that's been taking up space for six months now, and I had an excuse to go for a drive in the Viper!

CS14

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone know if the Alpine stereo from -97 to -02 fits in an Rt/10 from -96? The ones I have are Chrysler’s original with cassette and a cd would be fine to have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang