Gen 2 rotor option with 20" Iforged wheels?

gsav69

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm about to upgrade to a 20"/20" Iforged combo and was looking for some reasonably priced drilled and/or slotted stock replacement rotor (and pad) options. Any advice would be appreciated.

gabe

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several options for brands that you can go with. Stoptech rotors seem to be the favorite among viper owners. EBC Red pads have been the topic of several discussions before. Just browse online and use the search feature to browse through what others have said.

Personally I have R1 Concept Racing drilled slotted rotors with EBC Red pads. Good luck.

:usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you're gonna be sorry you said that after you read my response but here it goes.

The best reason to go with a bigger wheel is to go with a bigger brake setup. A big wheel will puny little rotors looks stupid and is obviously pure pose. I would contact Dave's Big Brakes. He can set you up with SRT brakes that should fill out the inside of that wheel so at least you can say you actually upgraded for better lap times.

OP
OP
G

gsav69

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you're gonna be sorry you said that after you read my response but here it goes.

The best reason to go with a bigger wheel is to go with a bigger brake setup. A big wheel will puny little rotors looks stupid and is obviously pure pose. I would contact Dave's Big Brakes. He can set you up with SRT brakes that should fill out the inside of that wheel so at least you can say you actually upgraded for better lap times.

HAHAHAHA...the reason you go with bigger wheels, is to have bigger wheels and to fill the giant gap in the fender well. I could give a **** less about bigger brakes at this point. My car stops just find and considering it's nearly stock, I see no emergent need to upgrade the entire brake system, especially because I don't lap it. Not to mention the insane viper tax people get ass-***** into paying for a lot of this stuff. I used to drive a fairly high HP street/track import and laugh when I see what viper guys end up paying for the same **** I used on my import for consideraby cheaper.

I appreciate your insight but it's not the direction I'm going in, at least not today. I'll settle for a good set of rotors.

g