Gen 3 Seats In A Gen2 Question

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at updating my seats in my GTS,lots of options out there, anyone fit a Gen 3 seat in a Gen 2?

I love the seat bolsters on my Coupe seats, makes the GTS seats feel kind of thin.

Thanks in advance..

Rick

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not hard to do with easily made adapter brackets. The seats are larger than the Gen II's and you will sit higher in the car. The Gen III seats weigh much more than the Gen II's also.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done this mod with a custom made bracket setup that allows adjustability and lowers the seat supposedly 1" from the stock height. I have photo's and a write up of the install but am sorting out some fine-tuning before posting it here. PM me if you want additional info before then.

I can tell you the seats are WAY more comfortable. I have a slew of herniated discs and until doing this mod I was seriously considering selling my car just from the back-pain standpoint. There is no inflating bladder for lumbar support in the GenIII, if you liked that. The seat, low back, shoulder bolsters, and headrest are much improved. The suede keeps you from sliding around in the seat and it "wraps around you" much better all the way around.

The only downside, aside from the increased height (which IS a big deal, even if you're a shorty, at resale time at least) is the visibility out of the rear quarters is a little reduced. I used to be able to look over my left shoulder out the GTS rear glass but now the headrest and shoulder bolsters are there.

Peace.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed aftermarket sports seats (sparco, recaro, omp etc.) in a Gen II GTS? Is there an issue because of the seatbelt guide/track that's on the right shoulder of the OEM seat? I just never see them in interior pics of cars on the site...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas