Gen 4 mileage question

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curently looking at a very low mile(190 miles) 2010. Is it possible on the Gen 4's to set the mileage back or will the computer catch this? Does this run through the computer or is it old school.. I just do not want to get burned from a dealer i will probably never see again.. Any input would be great!

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine had 1200... here is what to expect.

No paint chips upfront, but even at this low mileage possible at the rockers.
Underside of the front may have a single scrap, Maybe perfect
Likely clear protective plastic film on the pedals
Tire gauge will show no wear, date codes on tires till map to 2008.
Interior will be spotless, no dirt in the cracks etc.
Same with the engine. It will be flawless

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 88 i bought an almost new 87 Buick Grand National with only 700 miles on it.
Soon after I realised that the oil was dirty ??? Air filter also would show signs of higher milage.
2 more things to check !

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great.. Thanks for all the help!! I'm so glad these cars can not be set back.

As stated if you are concerned you may already be on to something.

Other than that, can't you just swap the guages??? I believe for most vehicles (not 100% on Vipers) if you swap out the instrument cluster the mile's are stored into the memory built into the guage cluster itself. I had a cluster go bad on my Ram and tried to find a used cluster that had the same miles to ensure it was at least close.

On another note is a PITA to get to the cluster's on these, but people do some crazy things to make a few extra bucks.

GL.

-Tim

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the ole' saying......"if it's too good to be...." OR even back in the days when they spoke Latin ---"Caveat Emptor"

Just be careful and have someone (3rd party) check the vehicle out. If you are asking....already makes me think you are skeptical. That's a good thing when purchasing something with this much coin. I would think 190 miles would be flawless....'exteriorly' and 'interiorly' (if that's a word).

Or, it could be the hardest 190 miles ever put on joyrides at the dealer by the dealer's son (or daughter) or top salesman. (Trust me on this statement).

Guess I'm paranoid in my old age---summary---get it checked out....Best of luck, sounds like "Mr. Depreciation" is on your side and you are coastin' downhill in 6th passing corvettes left and right my friend:)

Post some pics if you end up pulling the trigger on it.....

greg

Last edited:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curently looking at a very low mile(190 miles) 2010. Is it possible on the Gen 4's to set the mileage back or will the computer catch this? Does this run through the computer or is it old school.. I just do not want to get burned from a dealer i will probably never see again.. Any input would be great!
It is under warranty and sold with the mileage indicated, what is exactly the problem here?

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated if you are concerned you may already be on to something.

Other than that, can't you just swap the guages??? I believe for most vehicles (not 100% on Vipers) if you swap out the instrument cluster the mile's are stored into the memory built into the guage cluster itself. I had a cluster go bad on my Ram and tried to find a used cluster that had the same miles to ensure it was at least close.

On another note is a PITA to get to the cluster's on these, but people do some crazy things to make a few extra bucks.

GL.

-Tim
On vipers the odometer is burnt into the BCM the cluster only display what the BCM reads, regardless what cluster you use.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy it. You won't regret a minute of it. This car is so awesome, it makes my Z06 look like...well, a Z06 :) I can't even begin to tell you how much better this car is!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see anything in the op satements that makes me think he's suspicious of anything... just sounds like he's posing to a question to a knowledgeable group to be on the safe side before making an investment. :dunno:

It is under warranty and sold with the mileage indicated, what is exactly the problem here?
Peter, you must be the seller, correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang