Gen II wheels as track wheels?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i buy a set of used Gen 2 wheels and mount slicks on them? I went to Willow last weekend and got the bug.

I heard i might have to buy the kit to relocate the ebrake. Once i relocate the ebrake can i put back on my SRT wheels without converting it back to it's original setting?

What tires would you recommend for track days and how long do they last? I know Hoosiers are good but i'm sure theres other brands that i'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,

I have a set of Wheels with either Hoosiers, Slicks, or Kuhmos'. I also have a set of CCW Wheels. Great for Track.
Email is interested.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen2 wheels will not fit....purner 18" will fit the front with a spacer but I don't think the rear will fit even if you move the e-brake.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels off the 96 GTS did not work well with slicks. Skip will not let you race with them. There were some issues with them cracking with slicks, however they were OK with stock pilots.
The 97's came with different wheels, although they looked the same, that held up much better.

I have used Purners before, and was very happy. The Archers are also good sources of information on track wheels.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purner 17's will fit though. These are what i have.

You have 17" Purners on a SRT10 ? How did you do this ? Even John Purner has told me they don't have anything that will work.

My 17" Purners are not even close to fitting......if they would, that would solve some problems for me

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not see the SRT part of the post. No the 17 purners will not fit. Only read looking for Gen 2 track rims.