GEN III Paxton - horsepower/torque??

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just posting to see what you guys with GEN III Paxton kits are putting to the wheels? Woodhouse has a truck on the way to pick up my 06 coupe for a Paxton install.:D I have listed below in my sig., the mods that I have already done to the car. My question is what kind of horsepower and torque do you all think I will get from a stock Paxton (stock internals) with about 7-8 psi? I have talked to a few of you already......just want to hear from the rest of you. Thanks in advance for the input.:2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Many threads on this.

Depends on dyno and software.

About 650 rwhp / 600 rwtq our here on Dyno Jets.

Dan

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With your mods some have gotten around 700rwhp but you don't want to go more than that on stock internals. Too bad that makes the price jump like crazy to upgrade the internals. You would want to upgrade rods and pistons above 700.

BTW you are in good hands with Woodhouse that is for sure.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how you like the Paxton with the 3.55's. I've met one person with this setup and they said they pretty much had to take off in 2nd gear (traction issues) and burned through clutches. They said they would rather have 3.33's, which is why (along with others' advice) I went with 3.33's. Please update the combo after the work is done. Congrats on the upgrade!

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys!! The truck is supposed to arrive on Sunday to pick-up the baby:puppy: Will definitely update you guys on performance numbers and first impressions when the car returns. Thanks again.

-Alan

pea_jay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan whats up buddy, good to hear your goin with the paxton set up. Hopefully my viper gets here soon, but you definately have to take me for a ride in that beast whenever u get her back. Later bud

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how you like the Paxton with the 3.55's. I've met one person with this setup and they said they pretty much had to take off in 2nd gear (traction issues) and burned through clutches. They said they would rather have 3.33's, which is why (along with others' advice) I went with 3.33's. Please update the combo after the work is done. Congrats on the upgrade!

I had 3.55's with the s/c now I have 3.33's. I prefer the 3.55.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 3.55's with the s/c now I have 3.33's. I prefer the 3.55.

What made you change? Was take off kind of tricky? I really thought my 6th gear would be more practical than what it is after installing the 3.33's. It improved some, but I still have to be going around 75 or 80 mph so it doesn't sound like it's bogging down.

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should make almost 700 and 650 respectively. Just make sure you get it tuned properly. My 3:55s make it tough to get traction in 1st. Wouldn't mind just feeling how the 3:33's react, but I like my 3:55s. My sig block states my mods.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should see about a 170-200hp increase. You are in good hands with Woodhouse.

dwayne smith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woodhouse sales a trac control system called racelogic it works very good ive drove a gen 3 with it.it had a paxton and long tube headers with aftercooler on ps2 tires i also test drove same viper with it turned off lets say it was a hand full to keep it on the road

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse installed mine, 683 rwhp. But their dyno is a mustang and will show your horsepower as much less than a dyno jet.

Why would they read differently? Why can't a measurement tool be calibrated? Why use a measurement tool if you can't trust the readings, unless you're only interested in relative readings, like before and after upgrades.

Bob

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alan whats up buddy, good to hear your goin with the paxton set up. Hopefully my viper gets here soon, but you definately have to take me for a ride in that beast whenever u get her back. Later bud

Will do my friend. PM me your phone number and email and I'll be sure to get up with you when the car returns.:D

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What made you change? Was take off kind of tricky? I really thought my 6th gear would be more practical than what it is after installing the 3.33's. It improved some, but I still have to be going around 75 or 80 mph so it doesn't sound like it's bogging down.

The 3.33's came with a quaife ;)

I **** at the launch so 3.33, 3.55 or 3.07 it's alll bad for me anyway...freeway running....the 3.55's were noticably "more fun".

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3.33's came with a quaife ;)

I **** at the launch so 3.33, 3.55 or 3.07 it's alll bad for me anyway...freeway running....the 3.55's were noticably "more fun".

Glad to know I'm not the only one that ***** at the launch! But boy it sure is fun sucking!!!

OP
OP
H

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL!!! I agree. There are a few things in life that you can completely **** at and still have fun doing! I'm sure you guys can complete my thought.:rolaugh:

Stay cool guys.

TorqueJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they read differently? Why can't a measurement tool be calibrated? Why use a measurement tool if you can't trust the readings, unless you're only interested in relative readings, like before and after upgrades.

Bob

Mustang dynos actually provide resistance or load to the rollers to mimick actual driving conditions. That also gives the tuner a better look at A/F ratio. Dynojet dynos rollers just, more or less, free spin which makes it easier for the rear wheels to accelerate the rollers. That being said, Dynojet dynos usually will show a higher horse power number than Mustang dynos. Mustang dynos are usually a little more acurate though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog