Gen IV ACR front Spitter removal

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the subject was discussed but could not find anything in the ACR owner's Manual. I want to remove the front splitter to clean the bottom facia (small debri caught between spitter panel). For those of you who have removed the rivet on each side of the splitter (do not know why they would have put a rivet when a screw/fastner arrangement would have been better) presume you drilled out the rivets....did any of you have any issues removing the two rivets.....would hate for them to spin on me since one cannot grab them from behind; everything else in the removal process appears straight forward....

Reaction score
It will be harder to remove the dang adhesive strip attaching the splitter and the fascia. Then removing it and replacing it correctly.

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be harder to remove the dang adhesive strip attaching the splitter and the fascia. Then removing it and replacing it correctly.

Thks for the heads up,I was not aware adhesive tape was used between those two points...I might just loosen,angle the splitter down and use compressed air to clean out the particles caught in that area....

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thks for the heads up,I was not aware adhesive tape was used between those two points...I might just loosen,angle the splitter down and use compressed air to clean out the particles caught in that area....

Good idea, I would not recommend removing the splitter, the adhesive tape they use is very sticky. I learned the install process after converting my 08 Coupe into an ACR.

-David

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a removable panel in the inside fender well. Open it up and you can easily put a plier on the back side of the rivet to hold it still as you drill it out. It is also easy to install a small bolt in place of the rivet. Use a nylon lock nut.

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a removable panel in the inside fender well. Open it up and you can easily put a plier on the back side of the rivet to hold it still as you drill it out. It is also easy to install a small bolt in place of the rivet. Use a nylon lock nut.

I read your thread wherein you mention that your splitter parted with the rivet (cracked through the joint point) did you ever get to the cause of that??? Down force ?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only have 100 miles on the machine LOL....but you know Florida roads with all those crushed clam shells imbedded into the aspalt....

so you plan on doing this every 100 miles?? If it builds up that quick. Just leave it... seems like too much work

Compressed air or high pressure wash wont clean it??

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Art. I think you should pause and step back from what you are proposing to do after 100 miles. It really does not make much sense. And, if you are going to store the car for some collector to buy in the future, what you are proposing will redice the value of the car because because altering the car in any way will diminish its value to a collector. Just pay someone to properly detail the car. They will figure out a noninvasive way to get rid of the dirt which is bothering you. Call Mark L. I am sure he will know someone with that level of detailing skill.

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you plan on doing this every 100 miles?? If it builds up that quick. Just leave it... seems like too much work

Compressed air or high pressure wash wont clean it??

Every 100 miles ? I spent about one hour on this car every time I look at it... I have already had all the rotors off,removed the seats,sills,and cleaned every accessible cavity - to include detailing the underneath ...Tito from Turbo Wax came over once and said I should work for him LOL....I am just anal with all my cars.....and with respect to high pressue wash....this car as some of my others will never see water....

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I was able to rid all the small dirt by inserting a fiber cloth...the facia is flexible enough to get access to the area of concern....noted from all feedback will leave the splitter alone...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every 100 miles ? I spent about one hour on this car every time I look at it... I have already had all the rotors off,removed the seats,sills,and cleaned every accessible cavity - to include detailing the underneath ...Tito from Turbo Wax came over once and said I should work for him LOL....I am just anal with all my cars.....and with respect to high pressue wash....this car as some of my others will never see water....

Another case of OCVD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang