GEN IV News Anyone?...Anyone?...

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any official or unofficial news on a possible Gen IV - Power?, Engine type?, weight?, interior?, colours?, options? I certainly do not expect actual performance numbers, but I do expect the product be marketed if indeed one is in the offing.

FWIW - I have been fed a steady diet of the various options from other manufacturers all the way into 2007-8 and 2009. However, I have nothing from DC...is there a hidden message here I should have clued into?

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hoping that if a GEN IV is unveiled at VOI9 - that some one will take the time to post photos and stats.
I am about to place an order for another car and maintain my order position. But, if the GEN IV will destroy the competition (stock), then I will be there.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am hoping that if a GEN IV is unveiled at VOI9 - that some one will take the time to post photos and stats.
I am about to place an order for another car and maintain my order position. But, if the GEN IV will destroy the competition (stock), then I will be there.

The 2008 will not be a Gen 4. That will be in 2010. It will be a clean sheet design. The '08 will still be considered a Gen 3...same platform...although more power, some cosmetic changes.

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...I did not know the Gen IV had that timeline.

Is there any news/info on the design goals for a "clean sheet" GEN IV?

This makes sense...so they will basically bump up power for the 2008 Gen III Viper with Disp? CR? Any thoughts on weight?
Will custom OEM colours be available like as they are already for other brands? I know Pearl Tangerine will move!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh...I did not know the Gen IV had that timeline.

Is there any news/info on the design goals for a "clean sheet" GEN IV?

This makes sense...so they will basically bump up power for the 2008 Gen III Viper with Disp? CR? Any thoughts on weight?
Will custom OEM colours be available like as they are already for other brands? I know Pearl Tangerine will move!

Well...the "Smart Money" is on a 600+ a little in the HP..and a new hood and front facia changes. Also look for a few major changes in the 8.3 V10....reasons for the new hood. Would not look for significant weight change....if any. I am speaking of the '08 here.

The Clean Sheet design is all speculation...but I would expect a world ******...and design and styling cues from the Chrysler Concept of 18 months ago.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen to Viper585 - his info is close to what I've heard.

The schedule on AllPar.com has the gen IV going into production in October 2009.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a wet blanket, but I heard from a couple of good sources that the 2010 date is now more likely to slip to 2012. If they wait too long . . .!! :p :eek: :( :shocked: :mad:

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given that the '08 is going into production in a couple of months, it is likely they have several pre-production units they could bring to VOI9.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How dissapointed will the Viper community be if at VOI Dodge does not come through?
I for one already have a deposit with Woodhouse for a 08......

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dissapointed will the Viper community be if at VOI Dodge does not come through?
I for one already have a deposit with Woodhouse for a 08......

They have come through at past VOIs, so I doubt that's an issue.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should see the '08 at VOI. I'm not supposed to discuss any of the leaks I've received about the car because when I do Steve Wedel calls Marko in a huff about it.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
new audi R8 on sale in 2007... 550 - 600 hp V10 all wheel drive mid engine... based on gallardo chassis but longer and wider.. 7 speed dual clutch f1 transmission... I'm considering this car... any thoughts... But I'll be at VOI
to gamble and see the 2008 viper... I hope I'm not dissapointed.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We should see the '08 at VOI. I'm not supposed to discuss any of the leaks I've received about the car because when I do Steve Wedel calls Marko in a huff about it.

I hope you are right Mopar man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
new audi R8 on sale in 2007... 550 - 600 hp V10 all wheel drive mid engine... based on gallardo chassis but longer and wider.. 7 speed dual clutch f1 transmission... I'm considering this car... any thoughts... But I'll be at VOI

I had my share of experiences with Audi... They can keep any car they make.

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no issues with audi since i have never had the opportunity to use it at the track.
I can tell you that if Viper doesnt not wake up, that it will lose more market share and more cars will sit on lots and drive their pricing down.
There are some very specific changes DC must spend money on to make this car the car it was 10 years ago vis a vis the competition...it truly just dissappoints me that there is no information, no promises, and just silence.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...it truly just dissappoints me that there is no information, no promises, and just silence.

Hey...that is exactly what my Ex- GF said as she slammed the door!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it truly just dissappoints me that there is no information, no promises, and just silence.

You haven't been around long, have you? That's SOP for DC for Viper information. Don't let your ******* get bunched up, it's fun to build up the anticipation for a big announcement at VOI, rather than pittering out information over time. Not to mention, it takes time to work through details, so it would be irresponsible of them to say "the next Viper will have X amount of HP" only to encounter engineering and cost difficulties, and have to scale it back - how much more trouble would that be to them, than simply keeping their mouth shut until they have something to say in a big announcement?

OP
OP
V

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed...anticipation is fun.
I can wait a few days for the announcement from DC!!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

its not going to have anywhere near 550-600 Hp(say car mags). its going to have alot less like near 425. Its a luxurious DETUNED gallardo

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sween Latest report is two engine options on R8...

400+ hp V8 and 550+hp 5+ liter turbo...

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope you are right Mopar man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is exactly right, there is a 100% chance that the '08 will be unveiled at VOI, they should be putting the final coats of wax on it now. As many leaks as there has been they have managed to keep the HP numbers on the new 8.4 a secret, and probably will be able to do so right up to the unveiling.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've also done pretty well at keeping a secret the changes to the engine, other than punching it out to 8.4L. There have been a couple of leaks on SRT Forums that are of great interest.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ResumeSpeed said:"He is exactly right, there is a 100% chance that the '08 will be unveiled at VOI...."

And your source for this "100% chance" statement is?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They've also done pretty well at keeping a secret the changes to the engine, other than punching it out to 8.4L. There have been a couple of leaks on SRT Forums that are of great interest.

You mean like no cam? Gotta love the computer and electronic age.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about colors? Wonder if they'll start the 08 coupe in blue/white and then graduate into other colors as they have done in the past? Hmmmmm...

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about colors? Wonder if they'll start the 08 coupe in blue/white and then graduate into other colors as they have done in the past? Hmmmmm...

Do we know if there will be an '08 coupe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS