Gen V Styling viewpoints from the C7 fans

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny the whole vette v. snake thing. Many people dont see them as a dichotomy, they simply purchase both. I've owned a C6 before and I'd consider getting the C7 in addition to the genV. Plus isnt a base vette like $40-50k new?

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a GEN V in your driveway would be like having a supermodel girlfriend......

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting CF forum post and resulting comments in their forum. I especially like the comment about the Corvette vs. Camaro fiasco. Glad to see some Vette guys appreciate Viper design! Beauty and style is always in the eye of the beholder.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One has to remember that most corvette forums are dominated by old car guys. They know and appreciate all cars, regardless of the badge they wear. They also quickly **** out most of the trolls. I wish they would do the same here.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About half the vette guys are friendly and like to joke with you, the other half look away and pretend you don't exist. Hmmmm... come to think of it, that's kind of like the girls I've met in my life. Only it would be 2% to 98% and not in my favor. :( :rolaugh:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After sifting through countless comments since the Gen V road tests and numbers were released I think the best comment I saw was about a great rivalry making for great cars or something along those lines.

Just think how amazing it is that in 2013 you can buy cars like the Gen V, Gen4 ACR, SRT8's, ZR1, Z06, ZL1, CTS-V, Boss 302, GT500 and still latch on to a lightly used FGT if you are really lucky. I would be thrilled to own any of these cars or better yet all of them.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I see, they are liking the cognac interior I photoshopped a bit of "blackness" on... and it seems they think it's the real thing. Oops?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After sifting through countless comments since the Gen V road tests and numbers were released I think the best comment I saw was about a great rivalry making for great cars or something along those lines.

Just think how amazing it is that in 2013 you can buy cars like the Gen V, Gen4 ACR, SRT8's, ZR1, Z06, ZL1, CTS-V, Boss 302, GT500 and still latch on to a lightly used FGT if you are really lucky. I would be thrilled to own any of these cars or better yet all of them.

So true, especially if you grew up with cars from the 70's and 80's. If I recall correctly, I went to the Chevy dealer to check out the Vettes, it was 1980 and the only way to get a four speed Vette in Cali. was to get it with a 175 HP 305 cu/in. package.:crazy2: Boy have times changed. We are living in the greatest muscle car era of all times.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... you need to work hard and at least try to avoid bad luck in good circumstances. I would feel pretty lucky to have one. I feel pretty lucky to have my 98 GTS actually:D

Lucks got nothing to do with it.
200K and you can latch on to one, no luck involved.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. A lot more mature than most people on here these days..... ;)

One has to remember that most corvette forums are dominated by old car guys. They know and appreciate all cars, regardless of the badge they wear. They also quickly **** out most of the trolls. I wish they would do the same here.

I don't get it - I searched and searched all over their forum and just couldn't seem to find a thread titled "DOOMED!" anywhere... :dunno:
I must have overlooked it

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The "trolls" they **** out are people who go there for the sole purpose of stirring up stuff. The so-called "trolls" here, myself included, are fanatical Viper lovers who are very critical. It's called a different opinion and a different way of expressing it.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^ That. The big difference I saw was that people who liked the Viper and were less than enthusiastic about the C7 weren't called names.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prolly buy one if the rear doesn't look like a camaro. I once used a corvette as a daily & it was fun.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "trolls" they **** out are people who go there for the sole purpose of stirring up stuff. The so-called "trolls" here, myself included, are fanatical Viper lovers who are very critical. It's called a different opinion and a different way of expressing it.

Sounds like a good point. I saw at least 2 posters in the above CF thread, who gave positive reviews of the Gen V styling, that also post here on the Viper Gen V forum....and have been suspected here of trolling. Anyway, with all the advanced hoopla over the Gen V, and the recent mag articles, we're fair game. We'll see how the CF does when the C7 is revealed and tested. either way, they are both outstanding rides!