Gen3 seats in a Gen2 worth it? Comfort?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been considering getting some Gen III seats for my 99. How are the Gen III seats compared to the Gen II? Are they more comfortable?
Do you guys think they would look good in my car or be too busy on the inside with the grayish suede inserts on the seats?

Thanks!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to get a single GEN3 seat which I turned into an office chair and it is very comfortable (as are the GEN2 seats), however I like the alcantara inserts as you don't slide around at all. I can't think that GEN3 seats would make the interior of a GEN2 less attractive as the center console allows a lot of light to bounce off it making it appear a little "grey" sometimes which might actually match the inserts nicely (assuming you don't have a Cognac interior).

If I had a pair of GEN3 seats, and your car, I'd actually explore using a silver baseball-style stitch on the edges of the black GEN3 seat to match the exterior of the car...it might give a little visual pop and tie-in nicely.

Regards,
Aaron

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the GenIII seats and wanted to switch my seats out. The strange thing I discovered at VOI when wearing a helmet was that it pushed my head forward. Maybe it's just my big fat head (#8 hat size) or my height (5'9") coupled with the seat angle, that didn't work. No problem without a helmet though. I guess it's function over form, in this case for me.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first my wife didn't like the Gen III seat. Now that she's spent some time in them, she prefers them over our 96RT.

You're real problem is fit if I recall what was mentioned in the other treads.

Pressured

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Gen 3's into my 97 GTS. Love em'. They definitely hold you in place better. I think they are more comfortable as well. Even with the seat all the way back you sit closer to the wheel though. If you are a tall guy, I don't think you would like it.

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I'm not a tall guy by any means. 5'9" here which leaves me plenty of room in a viper. :D

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello,
gen 3 seats are much more easier on the back and lower hip.
i have the following:
2004 mint pair black
2005 copper head black with orange accent
2006 vca black with blue accent
2003 pair black, 7 0ut of 10
the rest are mint,
they all come with tracks and hardware.
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members