Gettin' Nervous

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Gettin\' Nervous

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snakeyes:
I've got a '97 GTS. I was on my way downtown today when I noticed a sputter or what seemed to be a sputter. Then the engine cut out for a second. I glance at my gas guage and the fuel level was between the E and the 1/4 mark..........So my question is-Has anyone by mistake or HAD to put a low octane gas in, what damage do you think could have been done if any?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My answer is NO PROBLEM....You corrected the octane deficeit long before any WOT runs and pinging could have done damage.

Lesson #2: Carry a "good" brand of Octane Booster ("104+" or STP or Outlaw) with you in a ziplog bag in the wheel well. If you are ever FORCED as you were to by cheap-O gas, add the booster.

Lesson #3: I am NOT sure you ran out of gas.....you may have run out of fuel pressure or even VOLTAGE ! How old is your battery? Im NOT kidding !!!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gettin\' Nervous

Running low in Canyon du Chelly region (Navajo country) in Arizona, I had to pull into a gas station that looked like a scene out of the 40s. 87 + Octane booster did the job. I've put 5000 miles after that. No problem.

-Avi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdinc98117