Glenway Dodge (Cincinntati) is closing!

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard a few weeks ago from a neighbor who is close to the Wullenweber's that Glenway Dodge is closing. Confirmed today. Apparantly they are looking for a buyer (actually DC is looking). What a shame.

Where is another good Dodge dealership in Cincinnati or surrounding areas?

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone w/a heart for Vipers buy it. The way we go through cash, we could keep it afloat. The loss of Plymouth hurt some dealers. But, guys, Daimler-Chrysler is coming out with some better products. I'd like to see his balance sheets. Maybe his selling is health-related or some such.
2K, you make way above six figures, check into it. We could do a Viper accessories store, a coffee shop, a place to hang. We're talking about a dream situation here.
50 guys putting in 10 a piece is half a mil. down.

OP
OP

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love the idea, but 50 guys is way too many. apparently 5-1-04 is their out date regardless if dc finds a new owner or not. i have zero dealership knowledge, but do know some of the folks down there, some better than others. pretty sure the viper tech would stay....

rick, would you invest? i think 3 or 4 people is more than enough... i'll call the viper tech at home tonight, see if he has any insights to the financial side of things....

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
45 would have to be silent partners. A corporate board of five to seven. D-C would have to approve the plan and that could be the hurdle. I used to work for a mega-dealer in Louisville but was not on the inside of the business.
How many of the managerial folk would stay on. There are retired dealers who would do consulting work.
Key is, why is he selling? If he can't make it work, who could?
It is a great dream though; a lounge for VCA mbrs; club mtgs at the bus.; Viper shows for the public; treating the customer w/respect and honesty; do some BHPH'; some leasing; rewards for repeats. We would show BMW dealers how customers should be treated.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's too bad, I have bought 2 cars there. I get (used to) my parts there. They have been customers of mine so I return the business.

I can kind of understand that they are closing though. It is in a mainly working class area, old building, tiny lot, expensive property (Glenway Avenue).

I have heard good things about Kings Dodge.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's ask our bankers to look at their numbers. Let's see, who has connections with a major lender?