GM reveals new Z06 Performance specs!

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Careful Christian. Anybody can drive a Vette but it takes skill to drive a Viper.

Maybe around a corner but not in a strait line(only skill needed is shifting the stock POS shifter).

Yea, those pieces of pure junk supras are hard to shift. Vipers blow those POS cars off the road.

Matter of fact I got a video of me blowing the doors off a warmed over supra POS at Ennis dragstrip.

Shut up and keep you pansy ass comments to yourself putz.

How do i know? I have owned both.

What, you want a cookie?

What a tool. You don't have a clue about what you are talking about. The only people who don't like a Viper after they buy one are wana-be squids.

My personal experience is that Supras are cool for a rice ride, but not even in the same league as my ACR.

Wake up and smell the concrete rice-boy.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mercy, I remember your car when SW tested before it was delivered to you. I have video of if. It was 10.9 at 129+ mph., not 132. Back in those days SWs own 422 would trap a best of 131 mph.
It will take at least 520+ rwhp for that Z06 to trap 128 mph. No way!
JC

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mercy, I remember your car when SW tested before it was delivered to you. I have video of if. It was 10.9 at 129+ mph., not 132. Back in those days SWs own 422 would trap a best of 131 mph.
It will take at least 520+ rwhp for that Z06 to trap 128 mph. No way!
JC

Really?? The years must have fogged up my brain. ;) I have the time slip around here somewhere, for some reason I was thinking the 132. If it would take at least 520rw to trap 128 then why did my car trap 129 w/509rw

You have a video of the NA run? Could you sent it to me? I have only seen the 9 sec video.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question that the stock Supra's Getrag's shifter is better than the T56's shifter (it was also much better than my 996TT's shifter). Shifting a Supra is easier than a Viper, launching it is definitely tougher than a Viper.

As far as the #'s, the HP calculator on Doug Levin site is wrong, it calculates HP at the crank, the formula has been around for over 10 years and someone made the mistake of saying it calculates RWHP and now a few different websites say it calculates RWHP.

At any rate the Z06 is supposed to weigh in at 3130 pounds, with a 170 pound driver (light) it would be 3300 pounds, which would mean it would take 540 crank HP (or about 460 RWHP for it to hit 128 MPH trapspeeds). So either the Z06 is underrated (like the Ford GT and Viper for that matter) or this paricular car was a bit beefier than a stock Z06 will be.

Careful Christian. Anybody can drive a Vette but it takes skill to drive a Viper.

Maybe around a corner but not in a strait line(only skill needed is shifting the stock POS shifter).

Yea, those pieces of pure junk supras are hard to shift. Vipers blow those POS cars off the road.

Matter of fact I got a video of me blowing the doors off a warmed over supra POS at Ennis dragstrip.

Shut up and keep you pansy ass comments to yourself putz.

A Supra Getrag with the stock shifter is night and day ahead of a Viper T56 with the stock shifter. How do i know? I have owned both. Guilly, you want to help me out here?

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mercy, I'll have to see my vidoes on the Cd's, could be I have your 9 sec pass, and no the high 10.
I do remember the mph was 129+ on motor, check you slip just to make sure. At any rate your car was making good HP and TQ, and it was lighter than the new Z06, just looking at peak numbers don't tell the whole story.
We'll have to wait and see what the new Z06 brings..

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right about the new Z. Until some guy busts that number on a track ... it isn't real. If you do have the 10 sec pass I would like a copy. I'll have to find the time slip but it really does not matter any more anyway ... :cool:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind the new Z is factory modded to the hill which means 1. no fun in modding it. 2. if you wanted more power as most of us do you may only be able to give it Nos since the compression is too high for forced.

3" exhaust
3" headers
1.7 roller rockers
Heads
Cam
HF cats
HF filters
ect.

whats left to do?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called my buddy at GM's Milford Proving Grounds. He drives the new Z06 almost every day on test hammering it mercilessly. Says it makes the ZR-1 (his all time favorite) look s-l-o-w.

His summer ride is a supercharged 440 Roadrunner. The blower's off an alcohol burning Hemi...

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
** Hum, another thread about a Vette. Who cares? Sure is interesting to see what some of you write about it. It's like some of you are scared or something. They are probably laughing at us on the Vette forum saying how much we talk about the new ZO6. I could care less if it is faster than mine. I could care less if it handles and brakes better than mine. I could care less period. It is still a mass produced car that doesn't even come close to the curb appeal of a Viper. Put any Viper next to any Vette and tell me which one people will flock to like flys to $hit? That is right, the Viper! That is all I need. :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the real world numbers are, and what the first recall problem will be on the new Z's. Even the Vette guys are leery about buying in the first model year at the prices they are going to go for.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Put any Viper next to any Vette and tell me which one people will flock to like flys to $hit?

Could we choose another analogy, where sh*t is not the metaphor for the Viper? heh heh!

How about "flock to like moths to a lightbulb", or "blondes to the beach"

"kids to ice cream on a hot summer day"? :)

Point well taken anyway you say it. My car still gets a lot of looks, much more so than my Vette ever got. Its an outrageously beautiful car.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price: MOTOR TREND FEB-05
You must be registered for see images

plus $3000.oo dealers are adding to the price.... MOST VIPERS ARE MODED AND IN THE 550+ HP...MAY GOD HELP THE POOR Z

I guess it's a good thing only Viper owners mod their cars then! :D

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind the new Z is factory modded to the hill which means 1. no fun in modding it. 2. if you wanted more power as most of us do you may only be able to give it Nos since the compression is too high for forced.

3" exhaust
3" headers
1.7 roller rockers
Heads
Cam
HF cats
HF filters
ect.

whats left to do?

What are you talking about? The only thing you can't do to it is boost it. But just wait and boosting is only a set of heads away/ or dished pistons.

Bore and stroke for more cubes for starters as far as mods.

Saying this car is non-moddable is like saying the V10 is the same. Like the 488 the more cubic inches the better it responds to mods. The 7.0L is the same short block that won Lemans what 5-6 times and The Rolex 5-6 times. A cam swap and head swap you are looking at close to a reliable 700hp naturally aspirated not counting the juice or boost.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
** Hum, another thread about a Vette. Who cares? Sure is interesting to see what some of you write about it. It's like some of you are scared or something. They are probably laughing at us on the Vette forum saying how much we talk about the new ZO6. I could care less if it is faster than mine. I could care less if it handles and brakes better than mine. I could care less period. It is still a mass produced car that doesn't even come close to the curb appeal of a Viper. Put any Viper next to any Vette and tell me which one people will flock to like flys to $hit? That is right, the Viper! That is all I need. :D

If that isn't an ricer comeback I don't know what is...

"I don't care if my car is slower as long as it's fly and attracts attention yo"

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't get it. They're loosing a LITTLE weight (the weight of a passenger) and adding about 85 or so HP and supposably gaining 10-12 MPH in the 1/4................. yeah, ok

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

3" exhaust
3" headers
1.7 roller rockers
Heads
Cam
HF cats
HF filters
ect.

whats left to do?

What are you talking about? The only thing you can't do to it is boost it. But just wait and boosting is only a set of heads away/ or dished pistons.

Saying this car is non-moddable is like saying the V10 is the same. Like the 488 the more cubic inches the better it responds to mods. The 7.0L is the same short block that won Lemans what 5-6 times and The Rolex 5-6 times. A cam swap and head swap you are looking at close to a reliable 700hp naturally aspirated not counting the juice or boost.

the V10 did NOT come with 3" exhaust or 3"headers or 1.7 rockers or HF cats or HF filters we viper owners have to buy these mods and I have done all of them except the headers (will have those in in sping already bought them) on that list and im just a few HP shy of 500 AT THE WHEELS not the crank like the new vette is, my point is simply this if dodge did all those mods I mentioned above like GM did the viper would have over 600HP not 500hp like the vette, basicly its just a modded vette except modded at the factory where the snake is the opposite its actually restricted at the factory (I.E. stock wrinked tubes and crappy filters ect).

Im not saying the new vette is completly NOT mod-able what im saying is the gains will be minimal your not going to gain much foom doing headers because its already got 3" headers same as exhaust, you will gain nothing from cats since they are already HF unless or course you remove them, heads you will gain some but not as much as you think since the heads are already ported and DO already flow some pretty good CFM #'s (of course theres always greg good), cam is the same thing its already agressive so the gain will be minimal, and rockers and pushrods its already got 1.7's in it see what im saying?? Only thing that seems to be possible is to like you said get dished pistons and have the heads re worked to lower the compression and add either forced or Nos or both but as far as anything else the gains will be crap.

not to mention the specs are a LIE and will not be THAT fast when its in dealerships.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't get it. They're loosing a LITTLE weight (the weight of a passenger) and adding about 85 or so HP and supposably gaining 10-12 MPH in the 1/4................. yeah, ok

I wish it were that easy, if it was most of our snakes would be doing 7 seconds like Chads.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread's turned pretty interesting.

Though, I don't know exactly how people began comparing a Viper to a supra. That's just looney.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, $75,000 for a Vette! They're NUTS! :eek:

Keep in mind GM sold every ZR1 they built in the early 90's that were going for $70K.

Believe me people were saying the same thing with the Viper, "A $80,000 DODGE??? :eek: "

And yuet the Viper is worth EVERY penny. :cool:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

3" exhaust
3" headers
1.7 roller rockers
Heads
Cam
HF cats
HF filters
ect.

whats left to do?

the V10 did NOT come with 3" exhaust or 3"headers or 1.7 rockers or HF cats or HF filters we viper owners have to buy these mods and I have done all of them except the headers (will have those in in sping already bought them) on that list and im just a few HP shy of 500 AT THE WHEELS not the crank like the new vette is, my point is simply this if dodge did all those mods I mentioned above like GM did the viper would have over 600HP not 500hp like the vette, basicly its just a modded vette except modded at the factory where the snake is the opposite its actually restricted at the factory (I.E. stock wrinked tubes and crappy filters ect).

Im not saying the new vette is completly NOT mod-able what im saying is the gains will be minimal your not going to gain much foom doing headers because its already got 3" headers same as exhaust, you will gain nothing from cats since they are already HF unless or course you remove them, heads you will gain some but not as much as you think since the heads are already ported and DO already flow some pretty good CFM #'s (of course theres always greg good), cam is the same thing its already agressive so the gain will be minimal, and rockers and pushrods its already got 1.7's in it see what im saying?? Only thing that seems to be possible is to like you said get dished pistons and have the heads re worked to lower the compression and add either forced or Nos or both but as far as anything else the gains will be crap.

not to mention the specs are a LIE and will not be THAT fast when its in dealerships.

I hear what you are saying but believe me there is still a lot of hidden power in the 427 engine. That motor is still choaed down as well (emissions, hxaust noise, intake noise, etc.

As far as the numbers being a "LIE" anything is possible, but I won't call the BS flag yet intil it's on the road. Same goes for the SRT10 coupe, DC my suprise us all.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, $75,000 for a Vette! They're NUTS! :eek:

They are going to be 63,500 not 75,000..Thats a big difference...still not cheap, but great performance bang for the buck , about as good as it gets...can anyone say Modena eater???

:eek: :eek:

Add dealer markup of MINIMUM 5K (probably more) plus sales tax. 63K is very conservative, even the Vette forums are guessing mid to upper 60K before add-ons. And no one really knows what they are going to be yet, all guesswork.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hear what you are saying but believe me there is still a lot of hidden power in the 427 engine. That motor is still choaed down as well (emissions, hxaust noise, intake noise, etc.

As far as the numbers being a "LIE" anything is possible, but I won't call the BS flag yet intil it's on the road. Same goes for the SRT10 coupe, DC my suprise us all.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, the 427 will be one bad A$$ vette.

I do honestly believe DC will suprise us.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: GM reveals new Z06 Performance specs!

Groan... new Road & Track highlights The Ralph Lauren collection of cars on diplay in Boston at the Gund Gallery. Incuded in the mix is one of his McLarens (it says he owns 3)