God Bless the kids....

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all you young gonna-be Viper owners,

I want to extend a very sincere thank you to all those kids out there that continue to make my Viper ownership such a fun trip. Literally, every time I take my GTS out I always get to experience many smiles and tons of thumbs up by those young Americans not yet able to drive. Girl or boy..they are all mesmerized by the Viper and they often can't do enough to let you know how much they like the car. From opening the door at the restaurant you are visiting to making sure there dad slows down enough so that they can see all sides of the car. An amazing show of excitement that makes me want to say thank you for making my Viper ownership such an incredible experience.

No mods,dyno times or service problems in this post...just a huge THANK YOU for all the kids out there that smile and wave when I drive by.

Thanks Kids,

Clark Stegall
01 GTS

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Clark, are you talkin' 'bout them 18-19 year old leggy blonde female Texan kids ? I hear a Viper guy with a Sapphire Blue just got a license plate OLD NAVY to attract em !

My FAVORITE kid story was in 1993 at a car show, and a blind teenager used the braille method to "see" my Viper. He was in total awe of the tire width, and the curvateousness.....and the sidepipe sound. And when I took him for a short ride, he wailed in glee at every throttle / brake application.

When he got out he said: "Even if I can't drive, I can always say I rode in a Viper.....and I dont know ANYBODY who can say that"

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I was over at my brother's place which is across the street from a big park. Very shortly, I look out the window and two young kids had shown up on their bicycles. They were about 12 or so I figure and were trying to peer in the windows and take pictures. When I saw them, I yelled to them to wait a minute (I was on the 3rd floor) and I would show them the inside. Well, it turns out these two young kids were French, I mean REALLY French. One had to translate for the other cause he didn't speak English. The translator was pretty calm, he was taking the pictures. I put the windows down and let them get in the driver seat to take some "action" shots. I may start carrying a phone book in the trunk cause they really needed one to sit on! Well, the non-english one was going crazy, I've never heard French spoken that fast in my life. His friend told me that he basically said "this is the greatest car I have ever seen in my entire life".

Anyway, thats what owning a Viper is all about. I remember when I was that 12 year old kid and I know how much it would have meant to me at that age (hell, I remember how much it meant to me to get my first ride when I was 25!).

So remember, its not just American kids, its ALL kids!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to me seeing a viper is just the best feeling in the world.I have so many die-cast vipers I treat them like the real thing.I have a 1993 RT/10 from maisto.It has simspion race belts and sliver headers.I use it to drag race and sometimes I attach it to my turbo charged remote control Mercades witch does 20+mph on electric.vipers are speical things and you guys should be happy you own one.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had quite a few Viper experiences with kids and it has been great. My most recent one was when I went to the awards shop to buy more flag decals. I took the Viper and in no time a kid with his bicycle did a double take as he passed by. He immediately laid it down right in the middle of the driveway and ran over to the car. He looked for maybe ten seconds and then took off. "Guess he wasn't that impressed", said the guy at the shop. Two minutes later he whipped back in the parking lot, laid his bike back down, and started videotaping the car! "Guess again", I said back to the clerk. I went out and offered to videotape the kid in the driver's seat. He was probably about 13 and was in awe. As I held his camera while he sat in the driver's seat, he said, "Dad, you will never believe what I got to sit in today! That's right, a VIPER! You save up your money and I will save up all of mine and we can get one!" It was pretty hilarious. I made sure to give him some American flag decals of course.

Chris

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mnichols,

@#$%&* the magazine!!!
that story brings tears to my eyes!
thank you for doing what you did for that child...
we are all rewarded in the end for our unselfish kind acts!!!
remember what comes around goes around!!

GREAT STORY!!!

to borrow a line from a Sammy Hagar song
"an empty heart takes a little to fill"

Best wishes
JIM
patriotx.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, for being one of the few owners out there who actualy respect the people who like to look on and dream. Some of the vette owners were total jerks when it came to asking simple questions when I was younger. Like they didn't have the time for me...they had a corvette (In hind sight... having a 72 vette in 92 wasn't exactly being a high roller LOL).

I'm young, but not like the others my age. I'm not even 21 yet and I have a house, 48K a year job (not bad in my op! beats working at McDonnalds for 6.15 huh?), and 3 muscle cars to play with. I've been in the military, but was discharged due to a back problem that will come back to haunt me later in life (United States Marine Corps), and i've been on my own for quite some time. One of the things I hate more than anything in the world is to be treated like a "kid". Treat me like I'm young.. ok.. but a "punk kid"? No.

Sorry.. i'm ranting
smile.gif

The point is, my hats off to all the viper owners out there who are helping the community in any way they can, and giving us soon-to-be memebers of the club a chance to learn what we can before we plunk down the moolah ;)

James