Good COP !! (TROOPER)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so we have an dissportionate amount of posts about ****/Bad cops...

I just had a cool one ...

So I'm out pounding on my Viper knowing its just a matter of time before I get yanked.. for one thing or another. Being in my pops town I figured I'd have a little grace period, since they dont get many vipers in Lenoir, NC...

Well, that lasted for about 2 days. And I got pulled for rapid acceleration. Course, when I noticed it was a State Trooper, my heart sunk into my stomach, because local cops are usually cool in these small towns, but State Troops.. I was like.. uh oh... this ones gonna sting.

The cop comes up, asks "You know why I pulled you over?" I thought of playing stupid, but for some reason, the words "Rapid Acceleration" pops outta my mouth.

Cops says "you got it." and then takes my license and registration and walks away... Thats when I knew I was screwed, he didnt want to chat (most do), he just wanted to get to writing.

So what seemed like 4 ever, he finally comes back and says "PJC, 1997 ?" .. I was like huh ? He said, "last time you got a ticket, you did a PCJ back in 97" I said.. "oh yeah.."

He then says "well, I HATE liars, more then anything, and when I came up to you, you told the truth, so here is a warning only." I thought... sweeeeeeet.. Then he actually covers his name tag and says "also, if I had a car like this, I would have to test it out too... Have fun."

So with this, I have yet another warning ticket !! :laugh: And trust me folks I have a lot of them. From 1997 to 2005 not a single hard ticket stuck. Anyone else this lucky? Easily I have been pulled about 10-15 times over those years..

Ok off to keep praying for continued luck.

Jon

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only been pulled over 2 times, niether in the Viper.

1st time was in a Firebird Formula. This was not a good one. Simple thing, no front plate. Female trooper. Got the standard do you know why I pulled you over. I said no, I know I was not speeding, I was in cruise control when I passed her. She said where is your front plate. I said home in the garage, there is not place to mount it on this car. I guess she thought I was being smart. She wrote me a ticket for it.

2nd time I was driving a 4x4 Toyota truck I was restoring. I had been waiting for my fiberglass bed to show up and could not wait any longer, the snow was beining to fly so I put the old rusted out bed back on and drove it. Knowing it was temporary I put the plate in the rear window. Well on the way home one day I was pulled over by a local. Once again, the standard question. This time I was unsure if I was speeding, I never even saw the cop until he lit me up. So I say no. He said I did not have a rear plate on my truck. I said sure I do it is right here, as I turned around and looked the plate was gone. It has fell behind the seat. I handed him my plate, reg, insurance card and license, as he was walking away he asks, any reason you are not wearing your seat belt (I am not a regular buckle up guy). Very smoothly I said I had just stopped at the ATM and must have forgot to slip it back on. So he goes to his car. I am thinking I will get at least one if not two tickets. He is only in his car for a minute walks back up to my truck, hand me all my stuff, said buckle up and have a nice day. Caught me by surprise. I think he was into restoring cars though. Through the entire thing he kept asking my what I had done to the truck ect. The truck was all done but the old rusty bed, so it did look a little odd.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the definition of rapid acceleration? Hell any acceleration in a Viper is rapid. It would be hard for me to not laugh at a cop when he asks why I was accelerating so rapidly. I would probably want to offer him a ride so that he could understand what is "normal" for a Viper rather than his police special Caprice with all of 200 HP.

Did you light them up and thats what caught his attention?

Hope your luck keeps up, hope I have some that luck as well.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the definition of rapid acceleration? Hell any acceleration in a Viper is rapid. It would be hard for me to not laugh at a cop when he asks why I was accelerating so rapidly. I would probably want to offer him a ride so that he could understand what is "normal" for a Viper rather than his police special Caprice with all of 200 HP.

Did you light them up and thats what caught his attention?

Hope your luck keeps up, hope I have some that luck as well.

That is my question too, did your tires leave marks or was this a "judgement call" I hate cops either way :D

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, The cop did mention something about YOU licking HIS fingers.. it was kinda wierd.. but I thought.. w/e gets me outta this.

PJC is Prayer for Judgement. It means I admit to the charge, if they dont hit me with any points. But the stipulation is that I can NOT get a ticket within a year, or that one, and the one I got would come back to count against me. Its kinda like "no contest" but you are "free" if you go 1 year without getting another ticket. Then after 3 years, you can use it again, if need be (the PJC).

Anyways, Mike is always a cop hater, I personally have mostly good experiences with them.

Sorry for the folks who dont get out unscathed like I do.. this isnt a bash on cops thread.. I'm happy.. it was a good day :)

Anyways, yes its a "judegment call" just like 90% of the dang options they have for writting you up. like "left of center", "wreckless driving", "excessive speed", "excessive speed given conditions", "following to closely", "unsafe movement", "other hazardous violation", about the only ones that arent are blowing through stop signs, speeding (radar), failure to yield (when you hit someone), improper turn on red... etc..

Most are judgement calls for cops.. lots of flexiblity for them.. not so good for us. again in this case, cop was cool.

Jon

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He then says "well, I HATE liars, more then anything, and when I came up to you, you told the truth, so here is a warning only."

Please don't tell me you believe that BS. They would love for every motorist to admit to the traffic violation because as soon as you do the know they have you by the balls.

And Rapid Acceleration? Right, a first year law student could get anybody off on that one.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,... he could have gotten written up for reckless driving, not just rapid acceleration! I would say that officer whatshisname is ok in my book. He knows what is important. You don't have to go to court or ANYTHING. No wasted time. Great guy.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,
take a corner just SLIGHTLY quicker than normal and they could right you up fo reckless, but didn't. "Oh my gosh, thank you officer, thank you!!!!!!!!!" What BS! Jon, you kiss ass :rolleyes:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pulled over twice by cops in the Viper. Once for no headlights (car was new and my knee had hit the switch. streetlights were on so i didnt notice) and a couple weeks ago for an illegal tag cover. Both cops were prob in their late 20's, and wanted to talk more about the car than anything. I got a written warning about the headlights and a "take it off when you get home" verbal warning about the tag cover. Compared to the cops i've met while driving my Eclipse, having a Viper isnt nearly as nerve-racking when i get pulled over.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All kidding aside. Be thankful that they don't do that in your state (just pull you over and give you the max). Believe me, I have seen much worse. Tell you what, drive up here with your AL plates and try it out......I am sure our police force would LOVE to see you.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The correct answer is yes sir or mame I do.The wrong answer is no or I have no idea.No and I have no idea immediately generate a ticket as an officers proof and justification for pulling you over!During my last stop in a snow storm in a 4x4 dodge ram I was harassing a local cop.He throws on lights and points to the side and I pass and comply.He says following too close.I say no way at least 2 car lengths at 35 mph.He says just because you can go faster than a 2 wheeler I interrupt with yes but the stopping distance is far longer.He says he thought I was trying to hook up to his bumper and I say wasn't that close besides I would never try to stop anyway.Just drive around which I was about to do.He says give the 2 wheelers a break out here and I say of course no problem.Probably my gray hair helps too. GTS Bruce

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All kidding aside. Be thankful that they don't do that in your state (just pull you over and give you the max). Believe me, I have seen much worse. Tell you what, drive up here with your AL plates and try it out......I am sure our police force would LOVE to see you.

That's because they're all ***** and know it. Most "graduating" with their GED's and showing who's got the power :2tu: They've done stupid **** with me, maybe GCHDEALER will chime in, he was in the car with me during one of their shakedowns. :nono: :curse:

Let me just add, their are a few people on this board that are Police officers that I have met and call frieds. Dave in CA and Jason in FL, but everytime MOST are pulled over, it's guilt first until proven otherwise :mad: :mad:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say that I normally hate cops, too. But, on the way to Alabama to visit my in-laws, I was doing about 25 miles over (55 zone, doing about 80). It was early in the morning, so I wasn't thinking 100% clearly. Valentine 1 was on.

A state trooper pulled up behind me... I thought I was screwed. I pulled to the left lane, and they pulled up beside me and waved to the side of the road. At this point, I REALLY thought I was screwed. I was ABOUT to swerve off onto the exit ramp that was coming up and try and lose the trooper, but realized my plates were probably recorded.

State Trooper continued to point to side of road, and then just left me alone. My wife pointed out that the trooper was pointing to the speed limit sign.

Knock on wood, but I continue my streak of 15+ years with a clean driving record :) That state trooper showed me that not all of them are out to get me...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,... he could have gotten written up for reckless driving, not just rapid acceleration!

How? Did Jon cross a solid line, break traction, exceed the posted speed limit? Was damage done to any property anywhere?

How is a cop gonna prove Jon was reckless driving, or even rapid acceleration? What is the legal acceleration rate and how did the cop measure this rate?

The cop was just letting Jon know he was there and he added a little BS in the process. No big deal really.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember little Billy Sniffle? The kid in the schoolyard who got picked last for the kick ball teams? The one with the mis-matched socks who the girls giggled at? The one who you lost track of after he graduated. (103rd out of 286)?

Well, Billy's got a badge now, and he remembers all those school-yard slights. That's the true genesis of 90 per cent of all LEOs... Maybe one out of ten are decent. So, watch your back, folks.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,... he could have gotten written up for reckless driving, not just rapid acceleration!

I didnt even know rapid acceleration was a crime. I say this b/c this scenario happened to me about a week ago: I was on the entrance ramp behind 3 people all driving with HUA (head up ass), so I got tired of waiting on them and pressed the throttle, cut on interstate before them and when I hit the center lane, I was at exactly 60mph. I look in my mirror to see a cop car in traffic really speed up and he planted himself on my bumper until he got off Interstate a few miles later. You mean he couldve given me a ticket even though I never exceeded 60mph, just b/c of how fast i got to 60mph???
You must be registered for see images

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember little Billy Sniffle? The kid in the schoolyard who got picked last for the kick ball teams? The one with the mis-matched socks who the girls giggled at? The one who you lost track of after he graduated. (103rd out of 286)?

Well, Billy's got a badge now, and he remembers all those school-yard slights. That's the true genesis of 90 per cent of all LEOs... Maybe one out of ten are decent. So, watch your back, folks.
:shocked: :D :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Respect mah authoritay! (Wheres that Cartman smilie?)

S

SUN RA KAT

Yeah,
take a corner just SLIGHTLY quicker than normal and they could right you up fo reckless, but didn't. "Oh my gosh, thank you officer, thank you!!!!!!!!!" What BS! Jon, you kiss ass :rolleyes:

I took a 90 degree right turn corner without slowing down and got pulled over. the policeman said he pulled me over because he never saw a car corner so flat at that speed and he wanted to see my car. He said he saw my right turn signal come on and thought I was going to turn past the intersection. I showed him everything he wanted to see. I then asked him if he'd like to go on a ride with me and he said he wished it was the end of his shift instead of the beginning. He smiled the whole time and never even mentioned a warning.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a ticket a few months ago in my SRT, and the cop was actually really cool. He asked me all kinds of questions about the car, and I popped the hood for him. He actually apologized for giving me a ticket. I checked and checked and checked, but the ticket never showed up with the city. I guess he "lost" it! ;)

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this for a nice cop story? We were pulled over for going a bit over the speed limit while passing a string of slow cars. The two officers working the speed trap gave us a speach then allowed us to pose for some photos. Every once in a while there are some nice guys protecting us!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike (99 rt/10) is my buddy and all, and I really am friends with him. But I totally disagree with his distaste/dissrespect for the law. Being a Jar Head himself, I figured he would respect his fellow social servent.

YOU WORK FOR ME YOU JAR HEAD... now.. go protect me and the country :)

Mike in all sincerity... go piss on yourself, you cop hater.

Love Jon

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
isnt it a PFJ? Prayer for Judgement? Thats awesome that you got off! The state Troopers are the only ones I dont worry about, they are a customer of mine, so i know all the big wigs....makes for a nice get out of jail free card.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could be wrong Eric, I always remembered it to be a PJC and thats what the cop called it too.

It might be a PRAYER for JUDGEMENT CONTINUANCE/CONTINUED. Where it is continued for a year, and if you do not get in trouble again, it falls off.

But again, not 100%, maybe a cop can speak up here? We do have Cop owners ya know..

Anyways, glad to see we both posted without going for each others juggular ;)

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960