got a new toy

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got this last week. Here is a pic of it before I bought.

I did have to get rid of my SRT10 to swing it.

NEW TOY

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You actually rode in the same car? What did you think of it?

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this guy ( former dentist ) was amazingly cool. Ever since I was like 8 ( I turn 24 this Sunday ) I LOVED Lamborghinis. It might sound corny but it truly was a dream come true to even see one in person. And when we met before the speedway at the restaurant, there were 2!!! So when I went to the speedway and it was " right there"...oh man. I was there but was too shy and nervous to ask for a ride. Some lady ( Maybe Ed's wife? ) asked for me. Guy told me get in and hold on. I had never even touched a Lamborghini before. So imagine the feeling of riding in a car you have literally only dreamed about for 15 years. It was truly truly amazing. The speed, sound, and smell was incredible. That day was one day that I will NEVER forget. And the ride in my ultimate dreamcar is one that I will always remember and truly cherish. I literally count the days until I have the incredible pleasur eof riding in that Lambo, or any other Lambo again. I love it man, cherish the vehicle for as long as you had it. I know I did for those 5 minutes I rode in it.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! what year is it?? Is it a VT?

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is a 1999. They did not make any Diablos in 2000 and the 2001s where $35,000 more. This model is a Diablo SV which is the fasted Diablo because it is 2 wheel drive and much lighter. I bought it with 5000 miles and the car is almost perfect. Just changing the exhaust and filters will give you close to 600 HP. Lamborghinis are not very good for drag racing because of the clutches being so weak. Once the RPMs hit 4500 this thing takes off all the way to the 7500 rpm red line. I did sell my viper to purchase this, but I feel to me I made the right decision. The Viper is definitely built better as this car is more hand built. The visual impact on the street is of no other. You would have to be in a space ship to get more looks.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - that is one sweet ride and a great color to boot.

Best advice I can give is advice given to me 20 years ago by a passing *****...

he said

"wow - like wicked cool dude, that is so beautifully awesome. You must wash it often dude, and never...

ever...

draw on it with crayons!"

never forgot those words of wisdom

Hey - seriously - enjoy your new ride, the sound alone makes them worthwhile

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, wish I still had my Lambo. :2tu:

I'm sure someone here will say "It's still NOT a Viper". :rolleyes:

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW !! She's a Beauty Scott ! You lucky dawg :)
I don't suppose you live in So Cal by chance ?? I'd love to go for a spin ..hehe

Congrats :2tu:

Jeff

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We really do need more pictures, as that thing is amazing. Nice color too. :2tu:

Give us your impressions on driving it versus the SRT. Speed, confidence, comfort, etc. I want to know more. :)

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take a Viper anyday over that.

Just kidding!!! Awesome car, congrats!!!!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet ride. That being said I still like my GTS better. That Lambo IMHO looks too much like a NSX. The GTS has such a sinister/snake look that no other car can duplicate. Different strokes for differewnt folks. Again congrats on your dream car. :2tu:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took that picture!

KY Speedway pix

More from the Speedway

I'm sure you'll love it, that is one sweet Lambo!

Scott, I have larger versions of the pictures of your car at the track. If you would like me to email them to you let me know.

Those are some great pics! I love my GTS and I do not know why I would ever sell it, but I have to say. That is the only car (Murci too) that humbles the looks of the Viper, IMHO. Probably not a popular opinion on this board but that is one amazing looking car. :2tu:

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for all your input. I am jealous that you all saw my car before I did. I bought the car directly from him. Did he drive it OK, or did he abuse it?

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seemed very careful with it to me. Not out to race, just have a good time.

For all the Viper fans, note which hits the finish line first :)

You must be registered for see images

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet ride. That being said I still like my GTS better. That Lambo IMHO looks too much like a NSX. The GTS has such a sinister/snake look that no other car can duplicate. Different strokes for differewnt folks. Again congrats on your dream car. :2tu:

An Acura NSX?What part of that looks like an NSX?I cant even find the least bit of similarity.Just curious.The roof induction snorkels?No,the nsx doesnt have those.The functional adjustable wing?No the Nsx doesnt have that.The massive front and rear scoops for brake cooling?No the acura doesnt have those.The scissor open doors?No,not that either.Im just kidding you,as you said,to each his own.

Great looking car!!You will miss your SRT-10 around town though,and its driveability in most conditions,but there's nothing like a late model Diablo.Congrats!!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride. That color is pretty sharp.

You must be registered for see images

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah if an NSX actually looked anything like that, I would probably own 4 of them....

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome ride!!! :2tu:

Wish you many happy and safe miles on her.

Oh, by the way, good choice.

Enjoy,
:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte