Got hunted by N.Y. police …

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schulmann, Sounds to me like that lady who gave you **** about taking up two spaces called the cops on you, just to F--- with you. Cop gets a call then finds a guy driving THAT car on THAT road, he figuring the call was for real. I bet it could happen the same way to any of us. Did your wife say anything? That would be two people against one call in. I know my wife get scared shi+less if I jump on it with her in the car, so if I’m with my wife you can be sure I’m driving the speed limit.

Yeah, wives are good for that. At least.
:)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DA and my attorney plea bargained to the Judge for me to get community service instead of going to trial for a reckless driving misdemeanor charge. I wanted to go to trial and confront the man with the cell phone but if the Judge did not see it my way over his I would be much worse off. I was maybe 19 at the time and probably wouldn't have been believed since he probably was much older. Community service was a joke compared to the misdemeanor and I had to agree reluctantly.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife acts like a speed limiter .... noway to speed with her in the Viper. I better buy a Buick.

Fortunately she was with me and she can confirm to my friends what happened. Also she is not blaming me for my troubles. So at least at home it is Peace&Love.

I got a sitation to the Town Court for speeding: 71mph instead of 55mph. I am even not sure I was driving 71mph !!! The Trooper measured my speed while coming from the other direction. I didn't sleep much Sunday night but I am already over this trouble. I will recall this incident as "Viper Taxing".

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From reading it it sound like he got the ticket for speeding, not wreckless driving.

As far as getting a ticket in another state and disregarding it (using it as TP), I'd think twice. In this Internet age, most states now share information. I know most of the larger states do (Texas and Florida definitely talk, at least according to my unpaid ticket in Florida that my Tx DL almost got suspended for)

:D

--wes

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn drivers.

They feel obligated to police anybody in a fast car (or bike). I was riding my motorcycle in Maine in a 55mph zone. Traffic speeds varied from 45 - 70mph and the road was a single lane. Whenever I came to the dotted yellow, I gunned it to get past the 3 - 5 cages cruising at 50mph. After 50 miles of this, somebody reported me to the cops. I was at 60 in a 50 when I got stopped. The cop asked me a lot of questions but deduced it wasn't me and gave me a warning.

Damn drivers. What we need is a cellphone jammer to install on our vehicles.

Right on! History is full of examples of police states which could never have succeeded without a large number of willing informers within the subject population. We would do well to remember that in a society where everyone with a cellphone seems to think he's a traffic cop. BTW, has anyone ever seen a trooper ticket one of those oh-so-safe morons who drive 5 mph UNDER the limit IN THE PASSING LANE while the rest of the traffic is 10 mph or more faster?

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.aamva.org/drivers/drv_compactsNRVC.asp

From reading it it sound like he got the ticket for speeding, not wreckless driving.

As far as getting a ticket in another state and disregarding it (using it as TP), I'd think twice. In this Internet age, most states now share information. I know most of the larger states do (Texas and Florida definitely talk, at least according to my unpaid ticket in Florida that my Tx DL almost got suspended for)

:D

--wes

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got screwed; sounds like a lazy attorney to me. He & the DA probably had lunch later that day to reward themselves for their hard day's work in clearing the enormous caseload the DA has on his docket.

The DA and my attorney plea bargained to the Judge for me to get community service instead of going to trial for a reckless driving misdemeanor charge. I wanted to go to trial and confront the man with the cell phone but if the Judge did not see it my way over his I would be much worse off. I was maybe 19 at the time and probably wouldn't have been believed since he probably was much older. Community service was a joke compared to the misdemeanor and I had to agree reluctantly.