Got on the dyno today

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just got home from running the car on a dyno for the first time. I have to admit I'm not quite pleased with the numbers, but it was a Mustang dyno. From what I've read, they read about 12% lower than a Dynojet. Not that dyno numbers really mean anything and the Mustang might even be more accurate, but still not where I wanted to be.

I ended up with 452 hp and 478 tq. With 12%, that comes out to 506 hp and 535 tq. The nice part is that I was at around 420 tq from 2,000 rpm where he started the run.

I emailed the graph to Dan at VS and he's writing a "real" tune based off the dyno results. The guy running the dyno said it looked like there was a decent amount to be gained in the a/f. I'll re-dyno after I get the new tune and see how much I gain.

I tried to upload a copy of the graph, but it's too big.

Last edited:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mustangs and Dyno Dynamics are generally regarded as heartbreakers, because they read low.

DynoJets, on the other hand, are generally regarded as what you want if you want big numbers to impress internet racers.

Quarter mile times (and butt-dyno) are what really matter, though ;-)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fear not. On a dyno jet thats an easy 472 rwhp and 498 rwt SAE. maybe a lil more.

45x on a mustang dyno is impressive. Stock would be 420 rwhp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery