got ***** -slapped by a Porsche Carrera....

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...on the way home from Nashville yesterday. Traffic was extremely packed. he did pass slower traffic on the right on an entrance ramp. didn't know that was legal. hell, in that case i would have just passed everyone on the shoulder. however, in the immortal words of James T. Kirk: "I need more power!" what are those things packing anyway?

OP
OP
G

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, that's what i would hope. it was tough driving because traffic was so packed. whoever was in the lead always seemed to catch a break and find an opening that closed one second later.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't consider it much of a "victory" when the other driver does stupid/foolish/dangerous moves to secure a win.

If it was the non-turbo model, he would have had to had serious mods to be as fast as your car, but the Turbo 911s are indeed very quick, and having 4WD and some mods can make them blindingly fast.

-Dean.

OP
OP
G

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, seeing as how i have no interest now nor ever will in any Porsche, i couldn't tell if it was a turbo or not. all i saw was the Carrera emblem.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dean, zipping around in traffic doesn't prove much. I would add however that it does mean the person is thoughtless, stupid or both.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure your emergency brake is not engaged.
laugh.gif

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it had the Carrera emblem, then it is definitely a Carrera with some serious mods on it. The 996 Turbo would have the Turbo emblem on it.

The Turbo is a veeeerrrryyyyy fast car that is highly agile and nimble, and it poses somewhat to a threat to the Viper in street racing given it is all-wheel-drive and has a twin turbo engine.

The Carrera on the other hand would definitely be bi**h slapped by the Viper on any day! So I definitely think this Carrera had reaaaaalllllyyyyyy serious mods on it, like the one in Miami that people were talking about on this board a few weeks ago, which did 10's in the quarter mile!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I had an NSX do that to me last fall.. saw him coming up from behind in moderate traffic, he in left lane, me in right. He came up beside me, no room in front, but he kept going til he found an opening, then he took off. Turkey wouldn't hang back and wait for an equal opening. Kept hiding in traffic. He never got away from me, but wouldn't give me a shot. I flashed my lights, put on turn signal, thought he might pull off to talk, but no. That's just chicken. He probably told everybody he killed a Viper. So I pulled into turn off in a left turn median lane. Looked in my rear mirror, state trooper
right on my 6! Gave me a dirty look, but when we pulled out, I pulled into a gas station and he just kept going.

OP
OP
G

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's pretty much how it went down on Sunday. i kept thinking "oh yeah. look at how he runs when he sees a Viper coming up in his rear view mirror."

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another local IL Viper owner has taken down 2 996 Twins this summer. One stock and the other said to be highly modified. The stock one put up a better show than the modified one for some reason
confused.gif
Both drivers knew there was a race so there were no excuses
smile.gif