Graphite Vipers...Get In Here! :-)

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After lots of searching I just picked up a 2002 Graphite Viper GTS with silver stripes and black interior (1 of 60) with 5400 miles! This is the third Viper I've owned, but BY FAR my favorite!

Anyway, I am working on a little project and would like to document as many of the Graphite vipers that are still out and about on the streets (as well as those which have "passed on").

Please PM me with any information you have about your car, pictures, video, etc... I would love to include your Graphite Viper in my little project. Any information you'd like to share would be GREAT!

I'm starting with the Gen 2 GTS cars, but will try to get to the Gen 4's eventually. For right now, I would really like to document as many of those 60 graphite with silver stripes (like my car) as I can.

Here's the data I am working with from the 2002 production numbers. If you have information that proves these number inaccurate, I'd like to know that too!

Thanks for anyone willing to contribute!

2002 Dodge Viper GTS:

Graphite with Cognac Interior: 15
Graphite with Black Interior: 106
Graphite with Silver Stripes & Black Interior: 60
Graphite with Silver Stripes & Black Interior (ACR Version): 22
Graphite with Black Interior (ACR Version): 17

2002 Dodge Viper RT/10:
Graphite with Cognac Interior: 43
Graphite with Black Interior: 143

Total Vipers Built In 2002: 1463

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the graphite GTS!!!!

I'm curious to what you paid for it? (I have a friend that wants a graphite and I told him he'll have to fork over some extra $$$ due to how rare it is)

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, you have one of the nicest color combo's made (Besides Sapphire/Silver of course :smirk: ). Enjoy it.

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks all! It's been an awesome car and I got to take an amazing road trip to bring her home. I put more miles on it in a day and a half than the previous owner did in 6 years!

Since getting it though and finding out it was 1 of 60 in that particular color combo (and a 1-year only Gen 2 color), I got curious about how many others are still out there, how many have been wrecked, mileage, etc...

Just a curiosity project more than anything, but hopefully I will be able to track down a few more of them!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear bdelass,

I have one of the 17 Graphite ACR's without stripes and she's (Elvira) closing in on 80k miles. I just got a new clutch and have plans for ACR-X headers this year and new tires before VOI 12.

I want to get one of the 4 all graphite, no stripe '09 ACRs to match my '02.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks AFL! I think you are the 2nd ACR that I have accounted for, but the first without stripes.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another Graphite ACR of the 17 for sale recently, it had 7k miles on it....it looked pristine. Tomball also had one a few months back as well. I've seen two of my Viper's sister cars at VOI X and XI...so I know they do exist. I believe Wayne Crebit who was a former Wide Receiver for the NY Jets also had one of the other 16 and it was profiled on MTV's cribs.....maybe you could find the video on youtube.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I tried looking on youtube for the MTV Cribs clip, but couldn't find it. If anyone has a link, please let me know.

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suppose it would be nice if I at least posted a couple of pictures of mine, eh? :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a graphite ACR, black interior, no stripes. (I'm pretty sure about the stripes but haven't seen the car in a couple of years.) Hes around the corner from me and not on the forums.

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
also a guy in n.b has a acr 02 with stripes as welli have pics of my car and his parked nose to nose!! I came out of a big in door car show and walking to my car everyone pointed over to the next row and i looked and couldnt believe it another gts graphite with stripes lol so i nosed the 2 cars up and snapped pics

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all of the information and keep it coming!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to look twice to see the "hidden Viper" in those first few pictures! ;-)

I will unveil my little project as soon as I get things a little better organized. I certainly appreciate the help everyone!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, so here is what I have been working on. When I purchased my car I became curious about how many other Graphite Vipers were still out there, how many had been wrecked, who had modified theirs, who had left theirs stock, mileage, etc...

Keep in mind this is still in the very early stages. I am just rying to get everything in place, so please don't be too critical. I'm certainly no web designer!

www.GraphiteVipers.com

www.facebook.com/GraphiteVipers

If you see your car on either of the sites, please email me at [email protected] so you can be accounted for.

I've gotten pictures from a variety of sources...web searches, cars.com, autotrader.com, here on the VCA site, email submissions, etc...

I am trying to log the cars by the last 4 digits of the VIN, so if you would like to provide this information, any other pictures or other details about your car please send it to me at that email address too. I promise to be as discrete with your information as you would like me to be.

Thanks to anyone who would like to participate in this little hobby of mine. :)

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess lxaduece already posted your pictures for you above.. :)

Thanks for the Facebook "Like" though!

Nice Viper!

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Muahaha I guess this is the best place for my first post ! I just picked up my supercharged 02 gts graphite with silver stripes yesterday, and it is by far the coolest thing I've ever owned. I'm super excited to see a thread like this as I know there were only 60 of these. I'm on my iPhone so will post up pics and info tonight as well as pm you the last 4 and other info.

I'll probably start a thread for joining with all the info and then put the link here so you can access it ? Or just forget my own thread and put the full write up here ?

MakeItHappen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol just liked the Facebook page and marked my car, the one that was on autotrader with the custom red leather interior. One owner, Rebuilt title from 55 miles on it (i have the before pics) and he was asking $37k. Real meticulous though, put the new arrow engine in last summer and shipped it to roe in Florida for tuning.

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great! Thanks so much.

I just got mine about a month and a half ago, so that is what caused me to take on little documentation hobby.

Enjoy the car! Looks like a good one!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dexter: According to the data that I was given, there were 15 GTS cars in Graphite (no stripes) and cognac leather, but I don't have any record of there being any produced with silver stripes and cognac leather.

Perhaps my information is wrong, but that is what I have found thus far. Perhaps there is one "unicorn" out there! Let me know if you ever find one. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang