Greater value: '08 Viper Conv in Black or Green?

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solid colors both.

All other things like mileage, in-service dates, etc, the same ... Snakeskin or Black?

Please give some relevant info like known sales info to justify.

And how much of a difference in pricing.

Thanks.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you buy cars thinking about the last thousand or so dollar of resale many years down the road? Com 'on, just get the color you like.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was not why I posed the question. In fact, it was quite a different matter all together, as to why I asked it. But thanks for sharing your thoughts.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solid colors both.

All other things like mileage, in-service dates, etc, the same ... Snakeskin or Black?

Please give some relevant info like known sales info to justify.

And how much of a difference in pricing.

Thanks.

A car is like a baseball card...it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Sure the book value depicts the approximate value, but until the $$$ comes across the table it's not worth any actual monetary value.

I think the real question would be (in terms of percentages) who likes green better than black (or other way around)? Why would a paintjob make any significant difference in value worth posting this thread over? It's not like we're talking a classic car which only a few are in existence with a particular original color paintjob.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is all fine & true guys. Perhaps a moderator can delete the thread and that would be ok with me too.

It was more along the lines of a friend asking me if the Snakeskin was worth more in seeking to purchase (not re-sell, now or later) because he wondered if it was more desirable or there were less made ... and I had no clue personally, because I do not care for the green, but I thought at one time people said the green was more sought after and perhaps would take more to acquire (new or used) ... so I said I would try to find out. Hence the post here. Thanks.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red,Black and Silver (solid only)... Seem to be the least desirable at resale, In that order.

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having bought one of these colors fairly recently, a SSG vert in October, I can pass on impressions from my search. In looking for a SSG car, I ran into 3 different dealers who thought the SSG's were worth more money than other colors due to their perceptions of market demand. I ended up paying invoice for a SSG car, but that was after hearing MSRP only offers from other dealers. My impression is that the SSG's are in higher demand than the black right now, but in this market a patient person can probably find a decent deal on either. Hope this helps.:drive:

Reaction score
Having bought one of these colors fairly recently, a SSG vert in October, I can pass on impressions from my search. In looking for a SSG car, I ran into 3 different dealers who thought the SSG's were worth more money than other colors due to their perceptions of market demand. I ended up paying invoice for a SSG car, but that was after hearing MSRP only offers from other dealers. My impression is that the SSG's are in higher demand than the black right now, but in this market a patient person can probably find a decent deal on either. Hope this helps.:drive:

Good common sense, thanks for sharing.

Alright!!! Who has a yellow bumblebee or SSG ACR for invoice?

How about a yellow bumblebee or SSG in a coupe or conv with the AERO package?

What a person to do, none made, none bought, none sold.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am guessing to say that the SSG would be higher in value because it is such a unique and limited run color, while black cars on the other hand have been built almost every model year, making the black color less unique. plus, the SSG color seems to very popular.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am guessing to say that the SSG would be higher in value because it is such a unique and limited run color, while black cars on the other hand have been built almost every model year, making the black color less unique. plus, the SSG color seems to very popular.

I would have to agree.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go with the ssg its just a stunning color and looks great in person.eitheir way you cant go wrong get what makes u happy and dont worry about resale imo.good luck

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
143 black 08 roadsters built, 116 SSG. It's all in the eye of the buyer. But I'm sure the dealers assume SSG is higher demand due to the buzz about it and it's new, and as it is not available in 09. (except for 20 special orders) But then black is not available either.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought they made ssg model t^s,or was that only in black?:lmao:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great looking 08,i had 3 blk,silver stripe viper.:headbang:

Thanks,I didn't care for SSG and wanted Black even if it's less in demand right now. Maybe that's the reason I was able to get it at 15K under invoice, paid $86K CAN = $68.8K US.
You cant see, but there's a big grin on my face since I got it.
Claude

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SSG is a trendy color that is awesome right now but I think it could be out of style in a few years where black is ALWAYS an awesome color and always in style. This is just my opinion on these different colors like the SSG and the wierd blues and aqua they made the C4 vettes in. Very trendy/hot when released but resale fades fast. That said SSG is an awesome color and could become a classic. :dunno:

Colors like Black, Silver Gray, White, Red and some Blues are always in style. :2tu:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
imo ssg will always be a higher demand color,just like lambos the orange and lime green get more $ and blk get less,i have a blk diablo if it was orange or yellow it would get more money.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,I didn't care for SSG and wanted Black even if it's less in demand right now. Maybe that's the reason I was able to get it at 15K under invoice, paid $86K CAN = $68.8K US.
You cant see, but there's a big grin on my face since I got it.
Claude
damn at that price you stole that 08

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SSG is a trendy color that is awesome right now but I think it could be out of style in a few years where black is ALWAYS an awesome color and always in style. This is just my opinion on these different colors like the SSG and the wierd blues and aqua they made the C4 vettes in. Very trendy/hot when released but resale fades fast. That said SSG is an awesome color and could become a classic. :dunno:

Colors like Black, Silver Gray, White, Red and some Blues are always in style. :2tu:

AgentF1, I cant believe SSG will go out of style ever:D Just look at the big-buck hemi cars at the major auctions and some of the higher dollars do go to the bright wild colors like plum crazy,lemon twist..etc...Black always looks good on a Viper but if you want even HIGHER visability go with the SSG:omg: You can always paint it black,lol..:lmao:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AgentF1, I cant believe SSG will go out of style ever:D Just look at the big-buck hemi cars at the major auctions and some of the higher dollars do go to the bright wild colors like plum crazy,lemon twist..etc...Black always looks good on a Viper but if you want even HIGHER visability go with the SSG:omg: You can always paint it black,lol..:lmao:

Yes, but those bright colored hemi cars have not always been in style. Seems they are coming back in style which I am guessing will probably happen to the SSG cars years doen the road. Just seems like some colors are trendy and go in and out of style. It really is hard to predict. That said black is always classical. I also tend to keep my cars a lot longer than most people so like to get the classic colors that are always good sellers.

I do agree right now the SSG is very hot and probably demands a higher resale in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX