Green RT/10 with Silver Stripes, First Pics!!!!!

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my silver metallic vinyl stripes about 2 days ago. I finally had a sunny day to take some pictures. It looks incredible! The car looks much much meaner, and I picked up about 20rwhp! I researched this for awhile to see if it was something I wanted to do, and if it was something I could reverse if a future buyer didn't like them. Everyone who saw it today absolutely loved the new look.

You can see the VIPER RT/10 logo on the back window. It's the same color as the stripes.
You must be registered for see images

As you can see, I didn't go all the way down around the back end because I ran out of material. I'm getting some more cut so I can finish that part up.

And one more...

If anyone is going to be doing this job themselves feel free to contact me. I can give a few pointers!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It would be great if you can document your technique! Looks great!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY VERY NICE! I want to know how you did it. As a few of you know...I am looking right now at a 94 green rt/10 and I want to add stripes. The green makes the car look sorta historic...like an old Cobra.

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!

I have been thinking of this for a while but your pics are the catalyst to get me going! I plan to add silver emblems and logos as well as a striped rear wing & hard top.

May I ask:

What is the brand/color code of the vinyl?

What were the techniques/tools used to form the vinyl around the third brake light in the sport bar? How difficult was this part of the installation?

Did you use lubricating fluid under the adhesive vinyl for ease of positioning? Heat to fix it in place around curves?

Are the stripes factory width and spacing?

Any other tips/advice?

TIA

JT

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what happens when you let us aerospace boys do a task...job well done each time! Stripes look great! Is that a Green parking sticker? Tell me you don't park in the outer lots! Nice pic. in front of the new building too! See you soon.

snakeiz

OP
OP
U

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony has asked me to write up an illustrated upgrade for this job. I hope to have it done within a week so if you're looking to do this job wait for it! If you can't wait email me.

Yes, that's our new library! I'm trying to push for a darker metallic green for our parking passes stephen, but no luck yet...
laugh.gif

Took it to a local hang out spot tonite.. the car was a hit! If you don't have stripes, DO IT! You can always take them back off and the total cost was... $95!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent job! Your snake looks great with the stripes. Now if only I could get off my as* to do the same....
I am waiting (impatiently) your instructions and where to get this material. I have a red snake and have been looking for a long time to do the same. The green and silver combo is AWESOME!!!!!

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent Job. I really love vinyl. The possibilities are endless (with the right tools) and it comes off if you decice you dont like it.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!!
Sorry, but I have to admit I have never really been a big fan of Green on a Viper! The Silver Stripes really set the car off!
Great looking RT/10!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery