GROUP BUY- Mopar RB1 Navigation System for SRT-10

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh wow...I heard the sound quality that comes out of the ipod connectors is not as great. Can you confirm how the sound will be with the rb1 navigation and the Ipod connection? I just lost my damn ipod too! :( and wher exactly will you be able to mount the Ipod? I've seen a custom setup done in a Hummer where the Ipod was mounted and it looked awesome like it was apart of the Hummer from factory. Will the Ipod be able to charge while you have it connected to the rb1 (trickle charge when battery is full?) How much are we looking at approximately for the IPOD connection? I'd defenetly take one that hooks up an ipod instead of a cd changer but I just ordered a bunch of things for the Viper so I'll have to wait for another group buy in a month or so. BTW if you don't have something designed for the Ipod holder maybe you can look at something that will fit in the cup holder and will the Ipod be controlled from the actual rb1 unit or will we have to switch songs from the ipod itself? Thanks in advance for the answers to these questions!
Ricky :cool:

Hello Ricky,

The Ipod Interface Adapter quality will be extremely close in quality to a CD changer, perhaps on-par or even better, depending on file recording quality. The FM Modulated style adapters are the type that lacks in quality, as they work through the FM radio. I cannot currently confirm this with an RB-1 however, as the Chrysler adapters still remain unavailable. The iPod can be mounted in any location you deem suitable. Personally, I will mount it in the Trunk, though I already have my CD changer cabling run, so most of the work is already done. Yes, the adapters will charge the Ipods during use, and power them once fully charged. Adapters will be approx 300-350, and an additional 95 or so if you want the remote display to show song information. Lastly, yes, the Ipods will be controlled through the radio just as a CD changer is, no need to utilize the controls on the Ipod itself.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel,
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds good I think I'll be getting in line for one for sure. How "difficult" is it to run wires to the drunk for this? Where can I install it in the car and require no drilling? Do you have a picture of exactly what it will look like when mounted? Is it just a wire that will be coming from the back of the rb1 to the Ipod? I want a classy looking install on it just wondering how it would be possible.

Can it be installed in the center console maybe? where its out of sight? I dont' want it banging around anywhere either. (I'm already getting excited and making plans lol)

Another question for you...just in case the best place to put it is in the trunk is it possible to hook up a dvd changer and the ipod at once? (watch dvds on the screen while listneing to your music?) I know its not a minivan but just wondering! :smirk:

Rick :shocked:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Daniel,
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds good I think I'll be getting in line for one for sure. How "difficult" is it to run wires to the drunk for this? Where can I install it in the car and require no drilling? Do you have a picture of exactly what it will look like when mounted? Is it just a wire that will be coming from the back of the rb1 to the Ipod? I want a classy looking install on it just wondering how it would be possible.

Can it be installed in the center console maybe? where its out of sight? I dont' want it banging around anywhere either. (I'm already getting excited and making plans lol)

Another question for you...just in case the best place to put it is in the trunk is it possible to hook up a dvd changer and the ipod at once? (watch dvds on the screen while listneing to your music?) I know its not a minivan but just wondering! :smirk:

Rick :shocked:

Running wires to the trunk can be tricky. When I do it, i drill a small hole in the top of the trans tunnel, and run the wiring along existing wiring inside the tunnel that runs to the back of the car/along the frame, and then up into the bottom of the trunk. You will surely need a lift to do this, as you have to remove the belly pan to get at that area. The entire assembly will be small enough however to mount it in the passenger compartment, perhaps under the driver seat, or even along side the amp under the passnger seat. There will be 2 small boxes to mount with velcro/double-sided tape/screws, and then just some place to keep your iPod. (such as running the cable up into the center console for the ipod to plug into). One of the boxes is about 4"x3"x1.5", and the other is about 8"x4"x1.5". The last part to mount is the display, but that is an optional item, it is not needed.

In 100% honesty, I cannot give you a clear picture of what an install will look like or consist of- I have not even gotten MY hands one of these systems yet! The manufacturer is dragging their feet BIG TIME.

Lastly, a DVD changer will NOT play Video DVD's for an RB-1. The screen on the RB-1 is for navigation only, and is not usable as a media player. To answer the basis of your question though, the only two items, one of which would be an iPod, that can be connected to an RB-1 at the "same time" I SUSPECT will be the Sirius Sat. Radio and an ipod, as they use a multiplexer so both can function through the same input plug. An ipod and a changer however, should not work that way- as the iPod interface mimics a changer, so it would be like trying to run multiple changers. I could be wrong however, the multiplexer may be able to handle changer/changer as well as its standard changer/sirius. Only time will tell, I currently have no way of finding out!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait until you get the Ipod group buy going. If the price is right I'll defenetly be in!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me theres an update and it works so i can install my RB1!!!!!! (Check out my sig Dan :2tu: )

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL! and I thought I was the most impatient person in the world- you have shown me! hahaha

Unfortunately, no word from ANYONE. still out of stock everywhere, and internet still says 2+ weeks from all dealers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950