GTS Camera Mount

splochocki

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a GTS_Dean camera mount setup. If anyone knows of a mount for sale or the best way to contact Dean please let me know.

I've emailed and PM Dean already.

Thanks Guys

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am currently making a mount. Did not like other types that were a direct bolt on and Dean never returned any of my PM's? So I decided to try and make something. Here is the work in process. The system is bolted to threaded standoffs at the hatch mounts, which replace the current washer/nut. So the Hatch mounting remains the same only now I can attached this to the same stud.

I don't like the weight of it so I will probably keep the cross member stainless and go to aluminum on the swiss cheese piece. In fact that swiss cheese piece is overkill. Plus there are a few dimensional changes still in store. Used a Ram Mount for the actual piece that attaches to the camera. I also ran a series of mount points on the cross member so I can move the camera laterally as I wish. If you look closely you can see the holes for this feature.

Picture is from the drivers seat looking back.

8800IMG_0011_2-med.JPG

The only thing I don't like is any potential added stress to the Hatch. I don't think it will add any to the glass interface but not sure yet. Have not tried it out although at the Parade laps run at Gateway this weekend will definitly try then. Not the same as a track but its a start.

K

Kaya

This is a series of Ram Mount pieces fit together to make a very stable and very trackable camera set up from the front window. When I mounted the camera behind the driver's seat, my pictures weren't half as good.

Mount the camera to the winshield...with the ram mount suction cup (DO NOT APPLY TO YOUR DASH).

I have awesome video with this set up.

10736camera-med.JPG

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do they allow a windshield mount for autocross, Viper days and other road events? I would have thought that safety would have been an issue? I know I have had to run camera straps in events I have run in the past which led me to believe that a windshield mount would not have been acceptable.

I am also probably going to get a bullet cam as well. I do agree that having the camera located like yours is a better view!!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently in the process of building specific mounts for the GTS. ViperBite that's a beautiful job, how is the torsional stability. I have purchased bullet cams, and hope to have some really cool footage up in the next few weeks. Their is a reason why I use the name Camfab.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Until I test it hard to tell. I don't think the issue I am going to have is torsion. First I want to remake the camera bracket out of Al., then see how it handles the vibrations/loads. If this works out I may have a friend make up some kits and let some of you test them. It is a 5 minute bolt on.

On the other hand when I get a bullet cam I may forgo this exercise.

Where do you mount your camera when using a bullet cam?

K

Kaya

I don't know how many events allow the windshield mounts but all the events I have been to, especially drag strips, haven't said anything. In fact I get all sorts of questions. I am running in the mid 12's in the vette and the camera is very stable. no slippage. I have used this set up over a year and haven't had it fall off yet. I have also seen people use it on the outside of the cars and they couldn't knock it off.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Deans camera mount the one that attaches to the seat bolts & curves up? If so I have a extra.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper