GTS Hood Badges - Need assistance! (pic)

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow GTS Owners --

I'm working on a shadow box displaying each of the GTS Hood badges (while they are still available). The concept is shown below:

You must be registered for see images attach

The Hot Wheels will come off the blister pack when the shadow box is assembled.

I think the GTS production colors are Blue, Steel Gray, White, Silver, Black, Yellow, Blue Sapphire, and Red (with and without stripes).
So far I have the badges shown (Blue, Gray/Silver, Black, Yellow, Sapphire, and Red).

Here's where I need help:
a) Are there any GTS production colors that I am missing?
b) Are Steel Gray (? graphite) and silver distinct (different) colors and what color badges are on each color car?
c) My Red/White stripe GTS has a Red Sneaky Pete -- Is this true for all of the colors? (Yellow cars have Yellow Pete, Black cars have Black Pete, etc.) Any exceptions?
d) What color badge is on a White GTS? (I have not been able to find a white badge)
e) Any idea why the yellow and black badges do not have the snake skin texture like the others?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Side note -- looks like SRT-10s all have silver badges unlike our GTSs with unique badges to match the car color.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing a similar thing to, except my backing panel is sneaky pete shaped with a chrome edge

The white GTS-R had a red vinyl badge, not a metal one

Have you got the right yellow badge ?, it looks on the pic like you've the gen1 yellow slightly lighter in color than the gen2 'race yellow'

OP
OP
T

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil -- I recently learned there is yellow and orange-yellow. I have the yellow badge shown and and orange-yellow on order. Do you know which one goes on a yellow GTS? (I thought it was the regular yellow and not sure which color car has the orange-yellow badge.) Also, do you have a picture of the red vinyl badge? Thanks and good luck. Please share a picture when yours is complete.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yellow/orange is the GTS color
lighter yellow is the gen1 RT color

not a very good picture of the red vinyl badge

steve2.jpg

My panel is a couple of weeks away from been ready (the badges are sitting in CA), but I'll stick a pic up when its done

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

This how my prototype badge board is progressing, waiting for some more badges now. I did a high res scan of a red badge, then digitally removed the sneaky pete off it leaving the snake skin pattern and printed it out on self adhesive vinyl. Next i stuck the print on a piece of plastic foam board and cut to shape then applied a chrome vinyl to the face edge and sides.

The badges are just stuck on with a double sided sticky pad so they can be moved around as I collect more badges. The walls and tire are actually viper red, the light source is playing havoc with the digi camera

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like they have green but no Sapphire. Sapphire on my car looks different than theirs. Who knows maybe they are missing green.

Cudaman :usa:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blind was home made, just stuck a vinyl logo on and trimmed along each slat
with a scapal. Yes, I'm missing Sapphire

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just got Sapphire and a Silver Gray, awaiting for delivery.

Question is, was the same badge used on Steel, Silver, Graphite vipers, or are they different ??

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is what I've since found out, taken off part numbers CD's, cant find a number for the GTS-R decal. These are just hood badges

92-96
JW27M1R - Red
JW27MX3 - Black
JW27M3X - Black Semi Gloss
JW27M1G - Green
JW27M2Y - Yellow

97/98
JW27M1R - Red
JW27M3X - Black Semi Gloss
JW27S3B - Blue

PF00S3B - Blue
PF00T1R - Red