GTS - RT/10 Calendar READY FOR ORDERING!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew! Jon slaved away on the images while I sat back and watched Jerry Springer and ate bon-bons. Well, it is time for me to do my part...

<center><FONT COLOR="red"><FONT size="4">THE VIPER CALENDAR IS READY FOR ORDERING!</FONT s></FONT c></center>

Here is what you need to do:

1. <LI>Go to this page: Viper Calendar Project
    <LI>Pick twelve of your favorite images
    <LI>Pick the starting month for your calendar and the months for each specific image (optional)
    <LI> E-mail your choices to me, including the image numbers and months. Also include your mailing address for sending the calendar(s).
    <LI>I will e-mail you back with payment information, as payment is UP FRONT due to the custom nature of these calendars
    <LI>I will submit your chosen images to the calendar company and they will turn around the order in 7-10 days.
    <LI>The completed calendar will be shipped directly to you!

Want to see a sample image for the calendar? Check it out:

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

There are 86 other GREAT images to choose from! Be sure to check it out and get your order to me right away. These custom calendars are only $19.75 each, including shipping to your door. This is a NONPROFIT effort by Viper owners for Viper owners. This should be a AWESOME calendar!

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your browser is showing less than 87 images, it is because it is viewing the cached (stored) version that is on your computer. To "refresh" the page with the latest and greatest images, hold down your "Ctrl" key and click your "reload" or "refresh" button in your browser window. This works for ALL web pages and is great for checking out the latest replies on your posts here on the boards. Enjoy!

Chris

Reaction score
Chris it says own a Viper and be a paying VCA member. There anyway I can get around this? I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THESE!! Please. I'll pay 50 bucks or more if I have to.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:
Chris it says own a Viper and be a paying VCA member. There anyway I can get around this? I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THESE!! Please. I'll pay 50 bucks or more if I have to.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the ownership part is a little fuzzy, as there are some VCA members that may be between Vipers (waiting on the 2003). However, it is a REQUIREMENT that you are a paid VCA member. This is not so much my rule, but one of the conditions set forth by the VCA in order to get permission to use the Viper logo. It is actually in the national bylaws. I really have no control over that and apologize in advance. It is not a bad rule per se, as many folks might otherwise use the logos without permission to generate their own for-profit merchandise. Not only is this calendar project nonprofit (very), but we are also playing by the rules all the way so that every VCA member can enjoy yet another benefit of membership. Hope this answers your question, and sorry it didn't work in your favor.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks anyways Chris. Hats off to you and the others you did a GREAT job with this project.

By the way I bought my wife the digitial camera you suggested. The Casio QV-4000. Thanks again for your help.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! Great shot of the Vipers at Yosemite! I'm honored to have my photo with my steel gray in front as your example photo shot!

My order was also placed today.

By the way make it 3 each for me!

Jerry

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the orders are rolling in! So far there have been around 45 calendars ordered. I am working with the calendar company to find a better way of uploading pictures. The first order took (gulp) almost an hour to upload. I am hoping they will "store" all 87 pictures (figure 7 hours or so to upload via cable modem) and then we can go from there. If not, well, I better teach the wife how to enter an order while she is home during the day. I gotta work to make those Viper payments!
smile.gif

Thanks for everybody's interest and I will be sending payment information to all those that have ordered thus far.

Chris

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chris, please allow Jason to buy 2 calendars for me. His pick of photos. I will pay.

Send one to him as my 'gift' and send me the other one?

IF IT FITS w/ VCA and D-C protocol, PARTSRACK would also pay to help sponsor this calendar, and lower your VCA costs, increase profits..and increase any charitable funds left over?

ie "PartsRack will donate $2 to VCA charity for every calendar purchased" or some such? Wait til ya see EVOLUTION OF THE VIPER SPECIES we co-sponsored w/ NoTex VCA !!!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
IF IT FITS w/ VCA and D-C protocol, PARTSRACK would also pay to help sponsor this calendar, and lower your VCA costs, increase profits..and increase any charitable funds left over<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[soapbox]
And where was this volunteering when I was trying to get this going? No company stood up and said sure, I'll help...
[/soapbox]

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="4"><FONT face="Script MT Bold">What an awesome job!! You guys are amazing!! Chris, I finally got to see all the images here at work. I'm going to take my car and run over my POS computer at home grrrrrrr!!! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to this project, it is really appreciated, and you guys did such a beautiful job. Also many thanks to those who sent in their pictures
smile.gif
</FONT f></FONT s>

Reaction score
Thanks Jon B. I owe you big time. I'll e-mail Chris the info about the calendars and let Chris mail one to me and one to Parts Rack care of Jon B!! Jon B equals one TOP NOTCH guy!!

By the way car #66 on the calendar list would not be Prashant Patel's old RT-10 would it??

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RED97GTS:
Good job Chris. I guess I am too late for the winter picture.
This is not my Viper.

You must be registered for see images attach

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beleive Kurtz said it best...
"THE HORROR, THE HORROR"

Craig

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay gang, three things about this ongoing project:

1. For those that have sent orders, I will be getting you payment information shortly. We are ironing out a couple final details, hopefully tomorrow.

2. The calendar company apparently wants larger images, so Jon McGuire is once again pounding away on these images to make them as perfect as perfect can be.

3. We have since been asked (told) that the Viper Club of America logo must be placed on ALL of the images, including those that were already finished. As such, Jon is working his butt off to try and find the logo and resize it for all of these images (around 100, including many "unpublished" photos).

Folks, I have done a fair job of posting updates and making the thumbnail page, but Jon McGuire is the one who has been working tirelessly to make this calendar the very best it can be. While I greatly appreciate the compliments, Jon McGuire is the one who has really made this so exciting - as well as suffered under the ever-changing rules and regulations when it comes to the logo. Realize that he has done this with ZERO help from anybody else in the VCA, besides my meager offerings. My hat is off to Jon and there is NO WAY he will pay for the four calendars he has humbly requested.

As always, I will keep you posted on this project!

Chris

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Chris.......you AND Jon deserve high praise for doing such a wonderful job on this project!! Having to put up with all of US (on the one hand) and the VCA (on the other......)
NEITHER ONE OF YOU NEED PAY FOR YOUR OWN CALENDARS !!!
PLEASE bill me for an extra one to cover the costs of one of YOURS!!!
Come on....out there in viperclubland......anybody else??
It's the least we can do!!!
THANKS again to Chris & Jon!!!!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Thanks for your help in this project. You may be sick of calendars by now though. Maybe there is another way for us to show our appreciation to all that have worked on your project. Maybe we could make a donation to a charity of your choice? Or a trip to London?
smile.gif

It may be fun to also keep track of what photos get the most hits.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I've narrowed it down to about 75pics so far.....
But the most fun has been racing the baby vipers
on my own little race course. That's an amazing
toy, how do I obtain it ? Seems like a ********
cursur, but it's probably a high-tech thing. Can I
obtain it somehow ?
Life gets mo' betta at 120

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job! I enjoyed check out all the images! Except that poor Blue/white GTS that looks like absolute S**t!!
Got my choices in! Can't wait to see the calendar!
thanks!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the slight delay gang! Between Jon having to redo every single photo and me having to figure out how to consolidate the payment options, it has taken just a wee bit longer than expected. Everything is still a go and I apologize I have not been able to reply to the hundreds of e-mails I have received thus far. Many have requested to pay by credit card, and I am simply not set up to do that. I think I have that figured out. As soon as Jon and I agree on where the photos are being sent (and what we will be doing with the "late arrivals"), everything will be rolling. Again, my thanks to Jon, who is now having to manipulate over 9GB of photos. No easy task!

For those that have sent orders, there is no reason to send me another e-mail (I am already buried). I will get you ALL of the payment information and exact amounts in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience!

Chris

PS. While I can make the occasional post during the day, I do NOT have e-mail access until after 5:00PM or so on weekdays.

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Chris & Jon for putting so much care and effort into this endeavour.........

How 'bout it everyone?? What are we gonna do to make sure Chris and Jon are recognized for all their hard work??
If everyone added an extra dollar or two (per calendar-they're SO CHEAP ANYWAYS!!) then we'd be sure Chris & Jon's OWN calendars are paid for!!
What do you all say??

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vipernut:
If everyone added an extra dollar or two (per calendar-they're SO CHEAP ANYWAYS!!) then we'd be sure Chris & Jon's OWN calendars are paid for!!
What do you all say??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say probably not. Oh, don't get me wrong, Jon and I are certainly flattered. The problem is actually a good one: We have decided to have ALL funds sent directly to the calendar company so that people will have the option of paying by credit card. This will also save a week or so, in that I won't need to wait for payment to get the calendars started. As soon as we get the images to the company, they will start building each and every custom calendar ordered so far. They will ship when they receive payment. I am checking with Jon right now to see where we are with the images. Watch your e-mails, as I will send the address and amount for payment later tonight or tomorrow.

So, don't send any extra money to the calendar company unless you want to plan on buying them dinner. Trust me, this will be one of the easiest jobs they have ever done based on our pre-work. For those going to VOI7, I would be delighted to hoist a beer (or diet Coke) with you. Good enough for me! Now as for Jon, he is doing most the work, so I think we could surprise him with an SRT-10 in red. After the hours he has put in, it's a little better than minimum wage...
laugh.gif

Chris

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris & Jon

I look forward to hoisting a few with you and Jon in Nashville. Thanks for all the time and efort both of you put into this project. Great idea!

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent Chris an email to order 2 calenders on the 25th. I haven't heard back yet. I have not read through all the post so I may have missed something. Will you send a confirming email with payment instructions????? I can't wait to get these!

Please advise

Fast Eddie

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
AGAIN....thanks to Chris & Jon for making it easy for us all to use VISA to pay for our calendars!!
Since I (probably) won't be going to the Invitational-- I authorize Jerry (3vipers) to hoist a few with you guys on my behalf!!
Okay Jer??!!
Vipernut

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....all this because a month ago I didn't know what day it was. Hey Chris....what would have happened if I said I didn't have a date for the weekend?
Thanks for all the work...you and Jon....
AC

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update:

Everybody that ordered should have received an e-mail from me tonight with payment information. Yes, you can even use credit cards! Others continue to send me photos and that is fine. I have worked a deal with Jon and will try to do some of the graphics on these myself. Rest assured they will not go in if they look bad - I will give you a heads up.

As we will be adding a few more photos, I am going to update the Viper Calendar Project page with more thumbnails later this week. Don't worry, if you have already ordered a calendar then your order is at the calendar company. I will update the "project page" for those that submitted the photos or have yet to order a calendar.

One other note: I have worked a deal with the company so that you will be able to order a custom Viper calendar ANYTIME you want - be it tomorrow or in August. I will maintain that thumbnail page and add images as they come in. The calendar company will maintain the database of photos. You will need only e-mail your choices and I will send you the payment information. I will stay involved to help insure that VCA members are getting this great benefit. No big deal, as I get 200+ e-mails a day as a moderator, so a few calendar e-mails won't kill me - I think.

Hope everybody enjoys them!

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4