GTS tune ?

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to install some headers, high flows and wanted to know what everyone is using to tune their GTS.

From what I was "told", most are using a hand held like a Predator or SCT.

Thanks for any info.

:2tu:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of us are still using Roe's VEC I, II or III.

It has some draw backs but for a LONG time is was the best, most affordable option out there. The down sides are that you can fry it if you get water in it and its hard wired into the car (I have mine covered). It doesn't recalibrate the pcm. I think it modifies the signals that the pcm reads or sends. The upside with the VEC is that you can data log off it and you can control other devices with it, like water **** injection or nitrous. It is a great option for FI.

I have heard very good things about the SCT. One of the tuners or vendors can give you better info on it than I can, but I think it actually reprograms the pcm. The down side is that it has no capability to control w/m or nitrous and I don't think you can data log with it.

If you are just doing bolt ons and want to re-tune and go, the SCT is probably best. If you are going FI or nitrous you might want to look at other options.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... no local vendors / tuners that work on Vipers in my area. I'll make sure to post up details once the install is complete.

Not going crazy with this car - I've blown up too many motors in my day.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roe - sct tune here,

but i would use the sct with a vsp or dc tune anyday, can't go wrong with either of the 3, and they can send you tunes for the mods you mentioned via e-mail

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this thread has got me interested in considering some tunes, My car is NA with high flow cats, glass packs, smooth tubes and high flow filters what type of gains could I expect on high grade pump gas?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine had basically the same mods and sean roe was able to get me ~25rwhp and a decent bit more all thru the curve using a vec2 but the car was on HIS dyno. not 1200 miles away.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you guys get the SCT tune remotely? Did you have to send them a dyno graph?

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did you guys get the SCT tune remotely? Did you have to send them a dyno graph?

Yes. Actually, I set up time with Chris at DC for him to be available while I was on the dyno. I emailed A/F and dyno data, he then emailed updated SCT tunes to me. It took 1.5 hrs of dyno time.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Actually, I set up time with Chris at DC for him to be available while I was on the dyno. I emailed A/F and dyno data, he then emailed updated SCT tunes to me. It took 1.5 hrs of dyno time.

Chris is the MAN........ He did my car :2tu: