GTS vs SRT vs TA

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that you can pick up a GTS optioned gen 5 in the low 110s would you guys consider it over a SRT or TA. I know TA is for the true road race enthusiast but are there any GTS options that are a must have and do not come on any other models? I understand the GTS also has auto suspension, has that been modified to be lowered?

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Options only available on the GTS that might be worth it (imo):
-Stryker Red tinted pearl... one of the most stunning colors ever on a production car (i'll admit i'm biased to shades of red)
-OEM full-length stripes... although some combos look even better in the SRT scheme
-wider spread of damping ratios in different modes... probably better for longer drives
-Laguna Leather interior... idk if there are any nudists on the forums (part or full-time)who can confirm this but it's been called a "car you'd want to drive naked"

It would be interesting to see a long-term comparison of each model though... anybody have 3 Vipers I could borrow?X{D

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the price drop has made it easier for guys like me to buy a GTS, that want all the amenities, the least of which is must have 6 way power (leather) seats, 4 mode ECS (sport/track/full on/off), Touring/Sport mode suspension, noise reduction r/wheel liners, & 12 speakers vs 9, all for SRT MSRP. I'm not a race tracker and this would be my first Viper if I acquire one when prices hit rock bottom. I admit I'm not ********* like many here, who don't want all the nanny gear & cushy stuff.

It's the upgraded leather interiors, high quality paint, hand built construction (at these reduced prices) that has me considering the change from my Corvette to the Gen V GTS. I really don't need the extra 140hp but the adjustable ECS should keep out of trouble. Don't know for certain that I will make the move, but if these prices keep dropping it will be hard to resist.

I've seen a few 2013 GTS' already online for 21-23K off MSRP, so by spring or summer I'm guessing they should close to rock bottom. Any thoughts on how much or what percentage a dealer will go to, to get the 13's off his lot? I saw the low mileage 34K deal(East Coast/Winter), but haven't seen anything close to it since.

My other thoughts are, if these highly optioned GTS units are the hitch in the sales, will SRT start to cheapen up on future Vipers to get the price down, or perhaps produce more SRT's and make the GTS versions customer orders?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to hear from GTS owners about the options they had to have when buying their GTS.

Last edited:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton28, I have a feeling that you are on your way to buying a GEN5 or at least seriously thinking about it. Is your car for sale yet?:D

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton28, I have a feeling that you are on your way to buying a GEN5 or at least seriously thinking about it. Is your car for sale yet?:D

I'm seriously thinking about it! Car is always for sale for anyone who is serious :) I still love that thing and in no hurry to let her go but who knows........the only thing that's holding me back is the lack of build options for the gen 5 but the car itself is ****.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Options only available on the GTS that might be worth it (imo):
-Stryker Red tinted pearl... one of the most stunning colors ever on a production car (i'll admit i'm biased to shades of red)
-OEM full-length stripes... although some combos look even better in the SRT scheme
-wider spread of damping ratios in different modes... probably better for longer drives
-Laguna Leather interior... idk if there are any nudists on the forums (part or full-time)who can confirm this but it's been called a "car you'd want to drive naked"

It would be interesting to see a long-term comparison of each model though... anybody have 3 Vipers I could borrow?X{D

Don't care for the Stryker paint or stripes.
I would love to know more about the dampening options.
I think the 12 speaker system is an option on the srt
I haven't seen the highend leather in person vs the srt interior. It would be nice to compare the two side by side.
I do love the gts hood. To much goin on for me on the SRT version.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You cannot lower the Gen V which kind of *****. That's why I bought KW( variant 2) coilovers for mine. I want to lower it 1+inch,and then go get a track alignment done to it. The shocks aren't as versatile compared to my 2010 ACR. Which I am glad that the car came equipped with the KW variant 3 coilovers. Btw these variant 3s retail for over $6 grand. So again glad they came with the ACR stock lol.. With that said. I really dig my new Gen V. The shifting is really nice,and I like the light quick clutch pedal feel to it too. Not to mention the interior, leather wrapped Sabelt seats, with red seat belts,and track pack option. The carbon fiber hood and trunk is super light weight,and looks cool..

You must be registered for see images attach

new coilovers..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads