GTS with an Underground Racing Custom Cam

red01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched the forums for the past several hours (slow day at the hosptital) regarding an exhaust clip of a GTS with an Underground Racing Custom Cam. I am curious to get more information on the cam as well as other mods done to the car.

I love the sound of a lumpy cam at idle and eventually want my Viper to sound similarly. My "cream puff" '01 cam is just uninspiring. No flame intended but it reminds me of my grandfather's old Farm All tractor at idle. :lmao:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched the forums for the past several hours (slow day at the hosptital) regarding an exhaust clip of a GTS with an Underground Racing Custom Cam. I am curious to get more information on the cam as well as other mods done to the car.

I love the sound of a lumpy cam at idle and eventually want my Viper to sound similarly. My "cream puff" '01 cam is just uninspiring. No flame intended but it reminds me of my grandfather's old Farm All tractor at idle. :lmao:

Your right, they sound horrible. Cam and lifter change made a huge difference in sound quality.

OP
OP
R

red01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks 2kgtsacr. That is the one. Any one know what mods were done other than the cam? What an idle, swing:D.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I've listened to my 98 at idle and it doesn't sound much less lumpy then the underground cam....of course, my exhaust system is stock and the one in the video sounds like a catback of sorts.

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
play the video again, close your eyes and turn the volume up a little

Can you smell the popcorn being made?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21