Gutting cats?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone gutted their cats before (converters, that is)? I was about to have hiflows installed, but I think I'm going to try and gut the stock cats just to see how it sounds. Any pointers?

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember what the stock setup looks like (I went with hiflows on the 2000, and straight pipes with the 98).

Should I pull the Corsa off, and leave the stock cats on the car to remove the substrate? Or, do people normally remove the entire flexpipe assembly?

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i were you i would pull the corsa off. unhook the 2 sides from the manifolds. thrown them on the ground, cut the pipe before the cat, on the nonflex side. Then stick the crowbar in there and beat all that ozone saving b.s. out of there. Then all you got to do is shake it all out and reweld the pipe. If you want you can send it to me and ill do it for free. I can get high on that ozone material :headbang:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 45deg bend is a bit tighter than the factory bend, but it might work. Or you could have a muffler shop open that 45deg up a bit. 45deg bends are e-z to find, but usually not long enough on each leg (end) to reach the ex manifold or resonator.

I've replaced the entire flex ass. on all 3 Vipers I've owned.

Then..you'd need the O2 sims I have for sale.

:usa:

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i were you i would pull the corsa off. unhook the 2 sides from the manifolds. thrown them on the ground, cut the pipe before the cat, on the nonflex side. Then stick the crowbar in there and beat all that ozone saving b.s. out of there. Then all you got to do is shake it all out and reweld the pipe. If you want you can send it to me and ill do it for free. I can get high on that ozone material :headbang:

Thanks for the offer... but, I was going to try and gut the cats to avoid welding (ie, unhook the stock cat from the bolt-on Corsa, and try to break the cat material that way). Is it even possible to do that? Or is the material too far back in the pipe to reach with a crowbar?

I think I might just have to buy a welder... how do those things from Wal-Mart work?

FE-What kind of pipe did you replace your flex pipes with?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather