guys im having engine issues loud knocking noise please help

bmw1952

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im deciding to ship my 1998 gts to chuck tators tomorrow. im from central jersey and everyone suggested chuck hes about 80 miles away from me have to tow the beast. he told me to have a local mechanic take off the valve cover to see if anything is wrong with the rockers. the car was off when we took off the cover and everything looked fine. we put the cover back on and when we reved the car it started making the knocking noise. when i first heard the noise the car was given an oil change the next day. the oil filter had copper shavings and it was very low on oil. the car starts and idles good and the oil guage is at 40. what do u guys think it is and how much money would it cost and would the whole engine need to be rebuilt. i think chuck rebuilds in house

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you made the right choice to take it to Chuck, yes he would rebuild in house if necessary, but don't get too worried yet, they will get to the bottom of the problem fast and efficiently. Chuck will be nothing but honest and upfront with you and he will have the right anwers.

OP
OP
B

bmw1952

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks so much. so i shouldnt worry so much everyone is putting ideas in my head especially these local mechanics that never worked on a viper before

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks so much. so i shouldnt worry so much everyone is putting ideas in my head especially these local mechanics that never worked on a viper before

EXACTLY. Good Luck! Chuck actually has my car right now, maybe i will see you over there...

OP
OP
B

bmw1952

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely mine is red with silver stripes. i have to get a special tow car is really low just the tow alone should be pricey

D

DAMN YANKEE

What do I think? I think you just sent your car to a great shop with an honest talented team of guys who will fix your car at the right price. I think you need to prepare yourself for a great driving Viper when they are done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4