H 2 0/Methanol is Incredible

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from my first day at the track in Utah and it was packed. I woke up the morning and it was very cool so I thought I would go to opening day. Anyway, I drove my car 50 miles to the track and installed my slicks and skinnies and proceeded to wait for 1.5hrs to make my first run.

The best MPH I had ever had in Utah was 132MPH maybe twice, usually it was around 130MPH with 9 lbs of boost. Now I have 12LBs of boost and water/methanol injection and my first pass was a 10.40 @140.73MPH (1.756 60' time, terrible). I couldn't believe the MPH at 4500 ft elevation. I had three track officials talk to me. The first two asked if I had NOS and the last asked if I had a full cage. He said, slow it down or get a cage. Please realize that this is extremely fast at my elevation. There was a stock Hayabusa running 10.6 @135MPH. I think he was a pretty good rider but I don't know for sure. My second pass was terrible, I tried to leave a lot harder and spun the tires and it got sideways in second so I let off. That was my last pass of the day. The weather was cool, around 50 degrees so the conditions were ideal. I think I have a low low 10 at this elevation but a nine second pass will not come until I can get to sea level.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! :2tu:
Sounds like fun, well except for having to wait so long to make a pass! Waiting 1.5 hours for a 10 sec pass, you need to slow down and enjoy it!! :p

The Methanol seems to be the way to go with a blower! Hmmmm...

Reaction score
Todd -

That's great news! When used properly these systems DO work very well.

We have a very nice water/**** injection unit we will be offering to some of you guys if you want to try them and see if they suit your needs.

Our friend 1TONY1 will be using one of our units and will provide us with some feedback.

Regards,
Doug Levin

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 systems out there for the Roe's S/C: Aqua system-Nandine(7-8lbs??), Utah's(8-10-12lbs)-custom system, 1tony1(7-8lbs)-DLM system.

This good news to all the Roe S/C Vipers, should be interesting results for all.

I use NO water or methanol system on my Roe S/C, my 10.3 pass a year ago was also with no system on it and was done on 7lbs of boost, possibly even less boost than that, found out later I had belt slippage.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THanks guys.

Cudaman I hope you can replicate or better your time at BG.

It will be interesting to see how these systems work on turbo charged cars.

I am looking forward to some more feed back and increase in HP or trap speeds with the other injection systems out there.