Had a busy weekend.....Yellow intake/valve covers (pics)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think??????

3964Yellow_valve_covers2-med.jpg

3964Yellow_valve_covers_and_intake-med.jpg

3964Yellow_intake_and_valve_covers-med.jpg

3964Yellow_intake_and_spud-med.jpg

Baz :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite the same...
A bit lighter..
To expensive to get a colour match in powder coat..

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, Baz!
How did they come out? I had mine done in satin black, and I'm a little less than pleased with how they came out. They are OK, and most people think they look good, but definitely not perfect. I only paid something like $150 to have the valve covers and intake done though...

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great but BAZ you look like you lost a little weight there, sitting on the manifold! :eek:

After the Tators BBQ then the UK BBQ i had to go on a diet...
Baz

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nicely done, where can I get one of those little, brown midgets to keep my engine clean?

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very very nice Baz, they would look great on my Mc Viper.
Lets say $50 the lot, shipping included of course.... :D
Now how to change the throttle cable assembly ?????

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to do this in blue, maybe powdercoat it. How much will that cost me? I think the main price is the intake gasket. How much is that?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spud junior has done a very good job with the polish cloth. Is he serving a polishing apprenticeship ?

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we can do those things powdercoated in the 100% same yellow as your car....we offer race yellow, viper blue, viper red......on and on....thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we can do those things powdercoated in the 100% same yellow as your car....we offer race yellow, viper blue, viper red......on and on....thanks

How much, I know when I did mine through the company that Sean uses, they charged me $150 plus shipping.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAND THOSE VIPER LOGOS! Painting your intake and valve covers is such an easy and inexpensive bling mod that I highly suggest anyone looking for a project do it - but unlike me this last time I did it, don't forget to get your smooth tubes done also!

You must be registered for see images

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it! How much are gaskets for the intake?
Don't forget gaskets for the throttle-bodies and valve covers (sometimes you can re-use the valve covers) and new o-rings for the injectors (people swear they re-use these but every time I have tried they have failed). All the gaskets and o-rings should be around $100, plus maybe $150 for stripping and coating and a little bit of sand paper and for $300 dollars and a days work you have an impressive mod. Intake R&R is easy as there is no coolant travelling through the intake.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so it's only $150 to get it powdercoated and $100 for gaskets?$250 total to change it to blue?

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told Mr Tator what i was doing and he HAND DELIVERED them to me at our UK BBQ...Now thats service...
Baz
PS Re-used the valve cover gasgets..

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAND THOSE VIPER LOGOS! Painting your intake and valve covers is such an easy and inexpensive bling mod that I highly suggest anyone looking for a project do it - but unlike me this last time I did it, don't forget to get your smooth tubes done also!

Did you coat the sanded logo's with anything to prevent them from corroding?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They should be coated with a hi-temp clear to slow down the oxidation process.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very nice Baz, they would look great on my Mc Viper.
Lets say $50 the lot, shipping included of course.... :D
Now how to change the throttle cable assembly ?????

Sounds a good deal....Might need to add a few cents to cover the postage insurance LOL LOL

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are bare right now and doing fine so far. Been less than six months though. You could always hit them again with some 400-600 grit if they get dull (even while they were still in place). Honestly, regarding the six big strips on top of the manifold, I like them coated before I sanded them to the aluminum. If I had to do it again I might leave them coated as it gives the intake a more Lambo/Ferrari kind of look. Might even be cool to see someone cut those six ridges off then coat the manifold so the tops of the plenums are more rounded.